Best App I own by far! I now cannot imagine functioning without it.
Being that I’m crazy-organized though, here is my wish-list for the future:
1. I call it ‘best I’ve seen’, but I read an earlier commenter call it a ‘beat this’ price. Right now I put the lowest price I’ve seen the product on sale for in the comment section but it would be great to have this ‘beat it’ price under the actual price in a different color.
2. Coupon button. As an option for those that would like it, it would be nice to have an additional ‘button’ to add coupons beside the star (I realize that some people may not want to use up space so maybe as an additional option). So if I touch it the coupon icon lights up to remind me that I have one for the item when I go shopping.
3. In the favourites list I would like to be able to ‘minimize’ the list huge list disappears and I get the option of icons of the aisles. When I’m trying to compare prices it’s sometimes difficult to find individual items as my favourites list has gotten so long. Minimizing and quickly pulling up just the aisle would save time.
4. Access to local flyers… though I realize how hard that is, but this is a wish list
5. When you long hold a button it gives the option to move the item from one list to another.
6. The color schemes are so boring. It would be nice to have some flexibility, but that’s a minor thing.
7. A PANTRY LIST!!! I would love a pantry list!! It drives me crazy that your application is so amazing and then I have to use a different, terrible application that does such a poor job of keeping track of my items. So here is what would be nice…
– The pantry option should NOT be a separate application, but perhaps an upgrade with an additional charge.
– There is so much room on the first screen, yet only three extremely restrictive options. An additional option should be for the pantry
– Each item should link with the item in the favourites list. The quantity in the pantry should show in a different color on the item in favourites for easy reference (perhaps below its name)
– Adding items to the pantry should be quick and easy. When in the pantry list each item should have an up and down button to quickly add or reduce quantities. It would be nice if there was also a ‘restock’ option. So if I did a huge shopping trip I can just scan each items barcode as I put them in the pantry and it automatically increases the quantity (a girl can dream!)
– Expiration dates for items can be entered with the option for notification if it’s going to expire.
That’s all I have for now. Keep up the great work and hopefully one day I will see some of the things I brought up in an upgrade!!!
Hi Jess, thanks so much for your feedback and your thoughtful comments. We definitely will consider your suggestions in future plans. New themes, price compare, collapsable Favorites are scheduled soon.
As for coupons, have your tried the Coupon indicator feature? It might be helpful until we improve coupon feature in Mighty Grocery.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you again.
Hi, i really like this piece of software!
Some features i miss are the following:
– add / edit barcodes by hand (EAN-numbers)
– add / edit barcode numbers in Web UI
– choose currency in Web UI
– import / export full csv over Web UI
– sum up costs per recipe
– compare prices of same product in different stores in an easy way. Maybe the best
price and corresponding store can appear in a smaller font on the shopping list?
– and last not least +1 vote for barcoo 😉
That’s it for now 😀
Keep up the good work!
This software is worth every cent even without adding above features!
Hi Martin, thank you so much for your feedback. We will definitely consider your suggestions going forward. Cheers!
Awesome Piece of software. only thing that I would like to see added is for items with a weight in the units, when you press the the green square in the shopping list view (where you are prompted for price) to be prompted for weight and price. This would make my shopping so much faster and eaiser, especially when in the Fruit and veg/meat sections.
Hi Peter, thank you so much for your feedback. We may consider implementing prompt for weight in the future. Thanks!
I recently switched from Android to Windows Phone 7 and the only app I really miss is Mighty Grocery. Any chance of a WP7 version being released?
Hi Jim, thanks so much for your feedback and your question.
We may consider creating Mighty Grocery for WP7. However it’s unlikely to happen this year as we have lots of other plans. I hope Microsoft will catch up and their platform will become more attractive for users and developers.
Love the app! I’ve been searching for an app that would allow me to enter my “master” grocery list along with my “beat this” pricing so I have it with me at all times. That way, when I spot a sale, I can check to make sure it’s actually a good price.
The only problem I’ve run into so far is when I’m entering prices. If I’ve already entered a quantity (10 lbs of sugar), then I enter a total price ($5.99), the app changes my total! In this case it bumped it to $6.00. I can go back and re-enter it as $5.99 and it will stay that way the second time. But I don’t want to do duplicate work in every item!
Hi Leah, thanks so much for your feedback.
Sorry for the inconvenience with rounding unit price. Fix for this inconsistency is scheduled soon.
I want to change language to pt-br. Where is the option to change language and download items for new language?
Hi Simone, thank you for your question.
Kindly note that Mighty Grocery respects your device’s language setting therefore to change it, just go to Home –> Menu –> Settings –> Language & Keyboard –> Select language –> (choose your language).
However, you may want to import products in Portuguese without switching UI language. Please see Configure Pick list User’s Guide for more details.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Thanks for your answer.
But, Android 3.2 have no translate to portuguese-brazil. About picklist, that´s ok…. but can you provide a download for specific language? And speak recognition, in android 3.2 in english, Can I speak in portuguese?
Thank you again!
Hi Simone, thanks for your question.
I am sad to say, but if there is no Portuguese-Brazil language in your OS, it won’t be possible to switch Mighty Grocery language. Kindly note that all available languages are listed in Menu –> Settings –> Pick list –> Predefined catalog –> Actions –> Import. However, you can download your own set of products by choosing “Custom” option in language selector.
As for voice recognition in other languages, I’d recommend reviewing Android documentation in this regard. In the meantime you may want to try choosing voice recognition language in Home –> Menu –> Settings –> Voice Input & output –> Voice recognizer settings –> Language.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
I love this app! I would love to see a meal planner so that I may plan ahead and make sure to buy ingredients that I will need.
Hi Diana, thanks for your suggestion. Kindly note that Meal planner feature is planned later this year. Stay in touch!
I buy in bulk and want to know if there is a feature that calculates my price per unit. If I spend $1.25 on a six pack of Coke, can your app divide that price by 6?
Kim, thank you for your question.
Yes, Mighty Grocery shows both unit price and total price of an item. However the Quantity field should be set to 6 to get price per unit in your example.
I love this app! The only problem I am running in to is the Taxes option. I have
gone in and changed this option under the Settings section and typed it as the following:
However it will not apply tades to any of my lists. I want it to apply to all of my
Hi Jamie, thanks for your feedback and your question.
Kindly note that there is no way to assign Tax to a list. The tax rate should be assigned to items individually. I’d also recommend leaving “0” rate on the list of tax rate options.
Great piece of software, I’ve been waiting for this for so long. The aisle function is overlooked by all the others. The only problem I am presently having is the website login. Do I always have to enter the authorization code in addition to the username and password?
Hi Patrick, thanks for your feedback. Yes, invitation code is required to login to Basic Web UI but I hope that site will be accessible without invitation code soon.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.
Copyright © 2010-2013 Mighty Pocket