Frequently Asked Qustions

I got a new phone. How do I transfer grocery data?

1. On your old phone with data:
  2. Create account on Cloud (see User’s Guide). If account is already created, assign email and password.
  3. On your new phone:
  4. Install the latest version of Mighty Grocery.
  5. Sign in to the account created on the old phone.

I purchased the app in the past. How do I download it without paying again?

When downloading from Google Play:

1. make sure to use the same Google account which you used to purchase the app;
  2. download Full (Premium) Version of Mighty Grocery

Please note that payments are handled by Google Play and we don’t have information about what account was used to purchase Mighty Grocery.

I purchased the app but it won’t download. What should I do?

Unfortunately, this is a common issue with Android Market/Google Checkout. Below are some tips:

1. Reboot your phone and try purchasing/downloading the app again.
  2. Try Google’s official recommendations for this case.
  3. Try contacting Google Checkout support directly.
  4. Login into your Google Checkout and check your order status. Cancel your order if it’s in “Payment declined” status and try again.
  5. Try contacting your bank to clarify the reason why the Credit Card is rejected. One of the reasons may be your Credit Card does not allow foreign currency exchange operations.
  6. Try a different Credit Card.
  7. Finally, consider switching to Mighty Grocery Special Edition and paying with PayPal.

Credit Card is not accepted or can’t find Full version at the Android Market.

Please be aware of the following Payment methods accepted by Google Checkout. Kindly note that Discover card is not accepted outside U.S., so it won’t work with Mighty Grocery as we are a Canadian company. Visa/MasterCard should work just fine.

If Mighty Grocery is not available at Android Market in your location, you may want to try downloading Special Edition version and use PayPal to upgrade.

I am going to replace my phone. Can I recover the app without needing to pay again?

Yes, as long as you use the same Google account, you will be able to restore all your paid apps including Mighty Grocery without needing to pay again. See this forum thread.

How do I enter my own item?

Click Add button (Plus) on top of your shopping list, enter the full item name when prompted, click “Add”. More details are available in Current shopping list User’s Guide.

How do I import my own product catalog?

Product catalog can be imported from CSV file using Custom Import feature. More details are available in Settings User’s Guide.

My items suddenly stopped grouping by aisles. What’s happened?

There are two options responsible for aisle grouping:

1. Settings –> Options –> Group by aisles : should be ON in order to have items grouped by aisles
  2. All lists –> (edit your list) –> Master list : should be OFF, otherwise items will be grouped by sublists.

How do I scan barcodes?

For detailed instructions on scanning barcodes please have a look at Barcode Scans User’s Guide.

How do I assign items to multiple stores?

Please see Current shopping list User’s Guide for more details.

Ability to assign items to multiple stores and specify aisles for each store without using Master lists is under consideration in our plans.

How do I transfer grocery data from Lite to Full?

Please see Transfer data from Lite to Full for more details.

How do I make voice recognition work on my phone?

If you are getting a “speech recognition is unavailable” error message, it’s recommended to install Voice Recognition by Google and make sure your handset is connected to Internet. Also you may want to make sure that standard app such as Google Search can do voice recognition on your handset.

100 Responses to Frequently Asked Qustions

1. Bibi says:

I love this app. My question is…. I want to create a master list of all items I shop for. Then when I need to buy something, I can go to my master list, check the needed item and have it go to a quick list of some sort to use at the grocery.

Now, I need to scroll thru my extensive list of every item in my pantry for say milk and eggs nthey go to the cart but is there a way of selecting frequently used tems without building a new list? Thank you.

2. Rhonda Berry says:

What do the yellow flags in the top left corner of certain items indicate?

3. sheila says:

Does this app sink with stores for updated prices or is it all manual entry?

Hi Sheila, thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, item prices should be entered manually in Mighty Grocery. However, once entered, the price will be saved for future use.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any further questions.

4. Rauhl Miller says:

I have a Samsung with verizon they down loaded a up grade on my phone. I lost all the data for Mighty Grocery Shopping list for all my stores plus any other information I had. They ( Verizon ) tried to get the Mighty Grocery to back up. No luck. Can yon you help me get back all my lists. There was over 400 items.

Thanks for your help

Rauhl, do you have any details of your account? Account ID or assigned email? Have you created backups using Create Backup command in Mighty Grocery?

Please contact us at hi@mightypocket.com with additional details so we could help you.

5. amanda says:

How do I delete some of the stores? Many of the stores list are not in my state let alone my town. Thank you

6. Robyn says:

I’m having issues with the barcode scanner. It rarely scans anything, even universal items such as Morton salt.

Hi Robyn, could you please suggest the barcode digits of referenced product? The following Morton salt record with barcode 0024600010016 could get successfully scanned.

Also, please make sure that your phone is connected to Internet because product name is queried from the online database.

7. Casspir says:

I use my phone with English locale, but I want to have my grocery app in Russian. I’ve read it supports Russian, but I can’t find a way to switch language manually. Can you help?

Hello Casspir. Thank you for your question.

Kindly note that Mighty Grocery respects your phone’s locale setting and the only way to switch the app to Russian is changing locale in Home –> Menu –> Settings –> Language & keyboard –> Select language –> Russian. Evidently, this setting will change representation of all apps on your phone.

However, you may still use Russian product catalog and add items in Russian even if you have English locale. Please see Settings User’s Guide on how to import your own or a standard catalog.

8. Bianca says:

I had to make a reset to factory settings on my phone and so i needed to install Mighty Grocery again which was no problem.

But now I can’t login to my account as the program tells me my id en password are not correct. I am pretty sure that i’ve entered the correct information, but is there a way to check my id and password for my account?

Hi Bianca, thank you for your question.

I will be glad to help you if you provide additional account details (Account ID & email) by contacting us at hi@mightypocket.com“>hi@mightypocket.com. If you have an email assigned to your account, then your password can be easily reset.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

9. Phil says:

I changed phones (after backup on the cloud), reinstalled your app, and now I cannot login to retrieve my data from the cloud on the new phone. I established an account on the old phone, but that account info doesn’t do it. Perhaps I am entering things in the right box. I don’t know. Can you help me get my lists back?

10. Lorna says:

I cannot migrate from Lite to Full version.
    I have uninstalled Full and Installed it again.
    and also clear app data. clicking my phone’s Home button –> Menu –> Settings –> Applications –> Manage Applications –> Mighty Grocery Shopping List (Full) –> Clear data on the Full version, not Lite.
    What have I done wrong?

Hi Lorna, thank you for your question.

Could you please suggest the following:

1. How do the labels on the top of home screen read? It should be Lite Beta 12 for Lite and Full Beta 12 for Full.
      2. What will be the first screen when you launch Full right after the data for Full is cleared? Will the app ask you anything or it’s going to be a standard home screen with three buttons?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Lorna says:

Thank you for your prompt reply, I really love this app. It is by far the best one I have tried.

Full Beta 12. It goes straight to the 3 button home screen and did not ask if I wanted to copy data from the Lite version.