Frequently Asked Qustions

I got a new phone. How do I transfer grocery data?

1. On your old phone with data:
  2. Create account on Cloud (see User’s Guide). If account is already created, assign email and password.
  3. On your new phone:
  4. Install the latest version of Mighty Grocery.
  5. Sign in to the account created on the old phone.

I purchased the app in the past. How do I download it without paying again?

When downloading from Google Play:

1. make sure to use the same Google account which you used to purchase the app;
  2. download Full (Premium) Version of Mighty Grocery

Please note that payments are handled by Google Play and we don’t have information about what account was used to purchase Mighty Grocery.

I purchased the app but it won’t download. What should I do?

Unfortunately, this is a common issue with Android Market/Google Checkout. Below are some tips:

1. Reboot your phone and try purchasing/downloading the app again.
  2. Try Google’s official recommendations for this case.
  3. Try contacting Google Checkout support directly.
  4. Login into your Google Checkout and check your order status. Cancel your order if it’s in “Payment declined” status and try again.
  5. Try contacting your bank to clarify the reason why the Credit Card is rejected. One of the reasons may be your Credit Card does not allow foreign currency exchange operations.
  6. Try a different Credit Card.
  7. Finally, consider switching to Mighty Grocery Special Edition and paying with PayPal.

Credit Card is not accepted or can’t find Full version at the Android Market.

Please be aware of the following Payment methods accepted by Google Checkout. Kindly note that Discover card is not accepted outside U.S., so it won’t work with Mighty Grocery as we are a Canadian company. Visa/MasterCard should work just fine.

If Mighty Grocery is not available at Android Market in your location, you may want to try downloading Special Edition version and use PayPal to upgrade.

I am going to replace my phone. Can I recover the app without needing to pay again?

Yes, as long as you use the same Google account, you will be able to restore all your paid apps including Mighty Grocery without needing to pay again. See this forum thread.

How do I enter my own item?

Click Add button (Plus) on top of your shopping list, enter the full item name when prompted, click “Add”. More details are available in Current shopping list User’s Guide.

How do I import my own product catalog?

Product catalog can be imported from CSV file using Custom Import feature. More details are available in Settings User’s Guide.

My items suddenly stopped grouping by aisles. What’s happened?

There are two options responsible for aisle grouping:

1. Settings –> Options –> Group by aisles : should be ON in order to have items grouped by aisles
  2. All lists –> (edit your list) –> Master list : should be OFF, otherwise items will be grouped by sublists.

How do I scan barcodes?

For detailed instructions on scanning barcodes please have a look at Barcode Scans User’s Guide.

How do I assign items to multiple stores?

Please see Current shopping list User’s Guide for more details.

Ability to assign items to multiple stores and specify aisles for each store without using Master lists is under consideration in our plans.

How do I transfer grocery data from Lite to Full?

Please see Transfer data from Lite to Full for more details.

How do I make voice recognition work on my phone?

If you are getting a “speech recognition is unavailable” error message, it’s recommended to install Voice Recognition by Google and make sure your handset is connected to Internet. Also you may want to make sure that standard app such as Google Search can do voice recognition on your handset.

100 Responses to Frequently Asked Qustions

1. Robert says:

I already praised your great app yesterday in my rating yesterday. One question & one suggestion: 1. tipping on the price tag of an article you see a dialogue box containing the total price field, OK- and CANCEL-button and on the right side two buttons named ATM and Calc. Until now I didn’t catch what functionality they have and how they work. Please be so kind to explain it to me. 2. On my Galaxy Note 7000 there are
    thre barcode-reader installed, but only one is able to identify the articles and provide the details of products sold in German, Suisse and Austrian Supermarkets. Unfortunately your app didn’t detect exactly this preferred barcode scanner/reader. It would be fine to be able to select it manually.
    Thank you very much and best regards from Vienna/Austria
    Robert

Hi Robert, thanks so much for your feedback.

Kindly note that the “ATM” button turns on the ATM-price entry mode which allows entering prices without the decimal separators. Just turn it on and start entering digits. You’ll see how it works. As for Calc button, all it does is starts a calculator app.

As for barcode readers, unfortunately, Mighty Grocery has only been integrated with Barcode Scanner app at the moment. Hopefully more applications will be compatible in the future, including the app you’re using.

2. Brad says:

I know the app is capable of keeping lists for several stores, but here is what I would like to do: tell the app what isle each product is in in different stores. Then I would create a grocery list, not yet knowing where I would be shopping. Then, when it was time to go shopping, I would select the store I was going to and it would group them by isles according to that store. Is this possible? If not, I would think this would be a very useful addition. I get so tired of wondering around the store looking for things, and this would be so wonderful if I could get this to work.
    Thank you.
    P.S. Great App.

Hi Brad, thanks for your feedback and your question.

Kindly note that it might be possible to do using the Master list feature and ability to customize aisles per store. Just add your stores as sub-lists to a master list (e.g. Groceries) and customize the order of aisles in your stores. Add your items to the master list. Now when you switch to a sub-list, the items will be grouped by aisles of the store.

3. Jess says:

Is there a way to organize the recipes I’ve entered? For example into a table of contents style (breads, meats and seafood, slow coolers, poultry and pasta to name a few)

Jess

Hi Jess, thank you for your question.

Unfortunately there is no way to group recipes in Mighty Grocery yet. As a workaround, you may want to try using prefixes to your recipes so that “breads” will be grouped together in recipes list.

4. Jonna says:

My husband and I have the Mighty Grocery App on each of our phones. we have different owner account numbers. My question is how to sync the two accounts?

Hi Jonna, thank you for your question.

Generally speaking, in order to sync, both phones need to be linked to the same account. There are two options you may want to consider. First, you can delete one of the accounts, for instance your husband’s account on his phone, and log in to your account on his phone. Second, you could just log in to your account as Guest on your husband’s phone. I’d recommend the first option because it is easier to maintain.

For more details please see Sync with cloud User’s Guide or feel free to contact us at hi@mightypocket.com.

5. Philipp says:

Selecting ingredients from multiple recepies,
    the quantities for items included in more
    than 1 recepie don’t sum up in my Shopping
    list. How can I change that ?
    Thanx Phil

Hi Philipp, thanks for your question.

Please see Recipes User’s Guide for details on how to sum up quantities of recipe ingredients.

• Philipp says:

Hi Alex,
        Thank you for the Quick reply!
        Now I See how it Works – before, I tried the ‘select all’ Button on the Side Bar, wich adds to the List but doesn’t Open the multiply-dialogue & doesn’t sum up. Maybe Room for improvement?
        Thanks again! Philipp

Philipp, thanks for the idea. We may consider it going forward.

6. Brenda J says:

Hi- I like the app- but not sure if it I am doing it correctly. I cannot figure out how to get the items I scanned onto my Kroger list. They show up in barcoded items, but when I go to my Kroger list- I can’t find them to add to the list. They won’t add directly from -More>Barcoded ? I basically wanted to scan all my pantry items, and then be able to add them to a shopping list. Also- how do you add multiple items ? What if I want to add 3 different kinds of soft drinks – so far I can only get :soft drinks – or if I edit soft drinks, and it changes to just pepsi ? What am I doing wrong ?

Hi Brenda, thank you for your questions.

Kindly note that in order to scan items directly to a shopping list, just open the Side Bar and tap Barcode button. For more details see Barcode scans User’s Guide.

However if you’d like to add all your pantry to the app, I’d recommend doing this under Menu –> Settings –> Pick list –> My picks.

Regarding different types of soft drinks, I guess all of them have different barcodes, so you may just need to rename items as you add them.

7. Svend Waldorff says:

Hello, I have just downloaded the free app and playing around with it, very impressed!

I have one question: If I want to share my list with another person and sync them, do we both need the paid app? I think it is so, and I will certainly be doing it, but just wondering.

Thanks!

8. midnightagenda says:

I have read the FAQ, checked a few of the forum threads and read the barcode page. Since the whole reason I need an app like this is because I am on a very tight grocery budget and think that this specific function will help me out a lot with totaling up my bill before I get to the checkout and have to pull stuff out so I do not overdraw, I want to make sure it will do what I need before I spend the money on it.

Hi there,

Yes, it is possible to scan product barcodes and see your cart total. A product price is entered once and then reused every time you scan product barcode again.

Also, you may want to consider trying Mighty Grocery Special Edition for free during 10 days. This version is available in Download section on our site.

9. Tiffany says:

That did not work. Funny thing is, the list titles were there when asking which lists I wanted to pull, but it didn’t actually put them into the app. I looked in each tab thinking they may have gotten put somewhere else, but no. The list titles are not even showing up anywhere nor are the store titles (only the ones that came with the app). I tried restarting my phone but that didn’t change anything. Another funny thing, ever since I first signed into the account (before trying what you just posted), it had like 5 of my items along with their prices. It still has these same items.

10. Tiffany says:

I am so unhappy. I have put months of work into this app. I had my settings where it would sync my lists with the cloud. I switched phones and signed into my account and none of my lists are there. The way I had the tabs arranged isn’t that way anymore. My aisles are gone. It’s like I am starting over. Please tell me there is some way to fix this! I THINK the Favorite lists on the website are accurate and up to date (not completely sure). I use the favorite lists for my different stores and not the Pick list to choose grocery items to go on a list. I see no way of pulling those lists onto the phone. Even if I could, is all my history gone?

Tiffany, I apologize for the inconvenience. As far as I can see, there are 7 lists on cloud and around 200 items under your account. All your aisles should be intact too. Unfortunately, the last backup was created a long ago, so I don’t think that it will help restoring your history.

To download your lists to your phone, please follow these steps:
      1. Menu –> Settings –> Accounts –> Login (key button) –> Your Account ID (email) and password –> OK
      2. Under Edit Account tab –> Cloud actions –> Pull lists –> (select all lists) –> Pull lists.
      3. All your lists should be restored and synced with cloud.

We are going to introduce backup reminders soon. In the meantime I’d recommend creating backups often to keep your data safe.

Feel free to contact me via email hi@mightypocket.com if you need any further assistance.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,