Frequently Asked Qustions

I got a new phone. How do I transfer grocery data?

1. On your old phone with data:
  2. Create account on Cloud (see User’s Guide). If account is already created, assign email and password.
  3. On your new phone:
  4. Install the latest version of Mighty Grocery.
  5. Sign in to the account created on the old phone.

I purchased the app in the past. How do I download it without paying again?

When downloading from Google Play:

1. make sure to use the same Google account which you used to purchase the app;
  2. download Full (Premium) Version of Mighty Grocery

Please note that payments are handled by Google Play and we don’t have information about what account was used to purchase Mighty Grocery.

I purchased the app but it won’t download. What should I do?

Unfortunately, this is a common issue with Android Market/Google Checkout. Below are some tips:

1. Reboot your phone and try purchasing/downloading the app again.
  2. Try Google’s official recommendations for this case.
  3. Try contacting Google Checkout support directly.
  4. Login into your Google Checkout and check your order status. Cancel your order if it’s in “Payment declined” status and try again.
  5. Try contacting your bank to clarify the reason why the Credit Card is rejected. One of the reasons may be your Credit Card does not allow foreign currency exchange operations.
  6. Try a different Credit Card.
  7. Finally, consider switching to Mighty Grocery Special Edition and paying with PayPal.

Credit Card is not accepted or can’t find Full version at the Android Market.

Please be aware of the following Payment methods accepted by Google Checkout. Kindly note that Discover card is not accepted outside U.S., so it won’t work with Mighty Grocery as we are a Canadian company. Visa/MasterCard should work just fine.

If Mighty Grocery is not available at Android Market in your location, you may want to try downloading Special Edition version and use PayPal to upgrade.

I am going to replace my phone. Can I recover the app without needing to pay again?

Yes, as long as you use the same Google account, you will be able to restore all your paid apps including Mighty Grocery without needing to pay again. See this forum thread.

How do I enter my own item?

Click Add button (Plus) on top of your shopping list, enter the full item name when prompted, click “Add”. More details are available in Current shopping list User’s Guide.

How do I import my own product catalog?

Product catalog can be imported from CSV file using Custom Import feature. More details are available in Settings User’s Guide.

My items suddenly stopped grouping by aisles. What’s happened?

There are two options responsible for aisle grouping:

1. Settings –> Options –> Group by aisles : should be ON in order to have items grouped by aisles
  2. All lists –> (edit your list) –> Master list : should be OFF, otherwise items will be grouped by sublists.

How do I scan barcodes?

For detailed instructions on scanning barcodes please have a look at Barcode Scans User’s Guide.

How do I assign items to multiple stores?

Please see Current shopping list User’s Guide for more details.

Ability to assign items to multiple stores and specify aisles for each store without using Master lists is under consideration in our plans.

How do I transfer grocery data from Lite to Full?

Please see Transfer data from Lite to Full for more details.

How do I make voice recognition work on my phone?

If you are getting a “speech recognition is unavailable” error message, it’s recommended to install Voice Recognition by Google and make sure your handset is connected to Internet. Also you may want to make sure that standard app such as Google Search can do voice recognition on your handset.

100 Responses to Frequently Asked Qustions

1. tabitha says:

How do I get an item from pantry to link to an item I put in ingredients? Is it supposed to tell me if the item on my grocery list is already in my pantry?

Hi Tabitha, thanks for your questions.

> How do I get an item from pantry to link to an item I put in ingredients?

Items in Mighty Grocery are linked by name, so if you give your ingredient the same name as in Pantry then two records should be linked. You may also want to consider using Generic names for ingredients: Edit item > long-tap Name field > Generic name.

> Is it supposed to tell me if the item on my grocery list is already in my pantry?

Unfortunately, this is not available now, but we may consider adding this feature going forward.

2. Alex says:

Hi, I think it is a great app but for non english speakers it is possibly hard to understand your entries on your hp.
    Another question: Is it possible to share/synchronize my list with my wife’s list on her app? This would be great! Both are working on one list and both know whats missing at home.

Hi Alex, thanks for your feedback. We support about 10 languages for your convenience which can be selected under Menu > Settings > Options > Regional settings > Language.

As for syncing, yes, it is possible to sync lists between Android phones using Mighty Grocery. Please see List sync User’s Guide for more details.

3. Laurie Howells says:

Have to say, love this app, but have one question/request, when in “Shopping List” then long tap on an item, then delete, it appears to delete the selected product in its entirety, I found this after deleting a number of products, surely it would be better to only delete it from the current shopping list. Use Delete completely, when in the Pick List section.

Laurie, thanks so much for your feedback. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Mighty Grocery 2.7 and you have the following option checked —

Menu > Settings > Options > Advanced > Keep automatic picks.

When this option is enabled, products will stay on Pick list even if you’d removed the item from Shopping list. Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

4. MO Cat says:

Love! ! This app and your fantastic response and caring. Im 60 years old and addicted .. it’s very.user friendly. Right now im wondering why i am getting ads in full version. Thank you

Hi there! Kindly note that ads can be completely removed in Full version. Please make sure that “Show Ads” check is OFF under Menu > Settings > Options. Also, if you don’t like info banners on the Dashboard, long-tap the banner and choose Dismiss All. Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

5. Caryn says:

Hi Alex,

I just wanted to say that my wife and I have been using your app for…I’m not even sure how long. It’s fantastic and well worth the money! I also have been reading through the very detailed tutorials that you’ve put up here on your website and am finding out little helpful things left, right and center that I didn’t know.

I don’t have a question, I just wanted to say that a) the app is great, b) I can’t wait for the new features on the web UI when it comes around, and c) it’s awesome that you seem to reply to every question so quickly with fixes or suggestions. I know from personal experience since I’ve commented before! Great work!

Also, I was telling my wife it was odd to see the default lists listed as Loblaws/Metro/Sobeys as they were Canadian specific retailers and then I read in this FAQ that you’re based in Canada – whoop whoop!

The end. :)

6. Kari says:

How do I turn off the number that appears on the app icon when the app is
    closed? Thanks

Kari, the number on the icon appears on the app widget. You can remove it from your phone’s desktop and place app icon instead. The app icon does not have any indicators on it.

7. Julia says:

I use this app for all different sorts of lists, shopping, to do, movies to watch, restaurants to try, books to read, packing list, etc.
    When I go to view “All lists”, I have three “List Types” to choose from — Shopping Lists, Favorite Lists, and Master Lists”. I would like to rename “Shopping Lists” to simply “Lists”.
    Can I customize my app this way? I’m sure I’m not the only one using this app for more than just shopping. It would just make more sense to have my list of lists headed by the description “Lists” rather than “Shopping Lists”

Hi Julia, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no way to rename “Shopping lists” into “Lists” at the moment. We may consider this feature going forward. Thanks again.

8. Arina says:

Can I create the copy of the list or move some items(may be all items) from one list to another?

9. treasa says:

how do I delete an item from a list?

10. Ryan says:

My wife has bought and used MG on my tablet and has some grocery lists and prices on the paid app. I am considering getting a tablet for her as a Christmas present. Is there a way to transfer the data (grocery lists, recipes, item prices) from the MG full app on my tablet to the new app we would be willing to purchase again for her tablet on her separate Google account? Or would she have to have her tablet on my Google account? Thanks.

Hi Ryan, sure you can use a separate Google account and transfer grocery data to any device with a Full version using the Backup feature. Just make sure you are logging in to the same account where you created a backup. Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.