Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

Please take our survey to increase priority of features you would like to see sooner.

If you are waiting for the iOS version, fill this form to be the first to know when the app is available or to participate in Beta testing.

What to expect in the next update?

We are working on the iOS version and making it easier to sync your grocery data. In the next version of Android app, Mighty Grocery will instantly sync all changes of your grocery data to online account and between devices. And we mean all changes. Not only your shopping lists will sync, but also Pick list, Recipes, Meal Plans, History.

Due to the changes, some existing advanced sync features will not be available. First, since all data will be sync’d instantly, there is no longer need for Backup on cloud. Second, if your app was signed in to multiple accounts, all lists will be assigned to your primary account. If you wish to continue using multiple accounts you will have to re-assign them manually. Finally, it won’t be possible to selectively sync lists. I.e. all lists in the account will be sync’d. However it will be possible to create another local account and place local-only lists there.

Transition progress to the new version will require a few steps: 1) on primary device push all data to cloud; 2) on secondary handsets, pull all data from cloud. Once this is done, all changes will be instantaneous and automatic. Before transition the app will automatically create backup on your phone, so we will be able to assist you to recover your data if anything goes wrong.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding transition to the new version, feel free to contact us at hi@mightypocket.com.

Plans going forward*:

1. Advanced Web UI. This will also allow easier view & modification of product catalog, recipes, history. Pricing TBD.
  2. Export History and Product catalog from the app in CSV format.
  3. Recipes catalog. Integrate with existing products/sites and introduce improvements to recipe feature.
  4. Coupons.  Separate app and/or integration with existing apps.

Under consideration:

1. Adjust shopping list subtotal. This can be manually added/subtracted amount to shopping list subtotal or applied discount.
  2. Share selected items of shopping list via email, not all.
  3. Password protect shopping lists.
  4. GPS-based notifications for items/lists.
  5. Sync notifications.
  6. Unlink all favorites/pick items.
  7. Rename “Aisle” field on Edit Item screen for some types of lists.
  8. Use either Total Price or Unit Price as primary amount (currently only Unit Price used as primary).
  9. Do not round unit price and/or allow configuring decimal places.
  10. Group items and group barcodes under product/item/umbrella.
  11. Import from SMS.
  12. Workaround for case-insensitive search for non-ACSII characters.
  13. Configurable capitalization when adding a new item.
  14. Move multiple items to a different shopping list.
  15. Group by aisles in Master list view.
  16. Group sublists under Master lists in All lists view.
  17. Configure fields which get copied for linked items.
  18. Option to sort aisles by name and/or search aisles when selecting aisle for item.
  19. Configuration option: round tax to floor/ceil/nearest.
  20. Quantity of 1/4, 1/8, etc.
  21. Integration with barcoo.com
  22. Predictive Details mode and “batch adding”.
  23. Configuration option of not having tax added to items’ amount in shopping list.
  24. Collapsable groups in shopping list.
  25. Show number of items in drop-down selector of shopping lists.
  26. Indicator that item in Other aisle.
  27. New widget style + number of outstanding TODO items.
  28. CRV tax

* – The planned feature list is subject to change without any notice.

374 Responses to Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

1. Lamarr says:

Great. App, maybe. An option. To touch n hold an item a second or so to prevent Accidental removal of items. Maybe. Add “delete all crossed Off items” to options?

Hi Lamarr, thank you for your feedback.

As to deleting crossed-off items, the easiest way to do it now is to click Checkout button, though your items will get saved in history. Going forward, we will be adding more editing capabilities in Edit mode of shopping list. Delete checked items will be one of such capabilities.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again.

• 5gorets says:

> Are you suggesting that you would like to have a long-click instead of a single-click to move item into cart?
        Join this wishes
        Sometimes accidentally marked points are pressed due to the fact that shifts the phone from one hand to another

All right! Added single/long click option to Under consideration section of our plans.

Thanks!

2. 5gorets says:

Good day!
    (Pre-apologize for my bad english)
    I am delighted and very pleased with your program and wish you every success in its promotion!

I have one suggestion (I read already about this wish of here on the site)
    Almost all of my purchases are planned in advance – there is a planned purchase of six months, at 3 months, 2 weeks, for a week and 1 day. I made several such lists, and all happy, but life sometimes pripodnosit us surprises, and if I planned to buy some goods in the number ve of 50 pieces and the stock was only 35 pieces, then I can not point to note with this item because There is already planned the exact number of goods. I have to create a new item in the list, you do not forget to buy the remainder of the goods at another store. I think that would be easier to do when buying a product reference number and the actual purchase price (as is done in ToMarket) add the ability to choose the brand. Then you can see how many and how much is left to buy the goods. These data can then be removed from the program to make an analysis of purchases, brands, prices and so on.
    I’d like reminders (you can think of, so the program can do import / export with Gtask – this will enable the planning tasks in one program and export them to another with simultaneous timing, eg GCalendar). Before buying your wonderful program, I used the program Note Everything in it is implemented very useful features that could be used in your program (it has one drawback – it does not synchronize Google Tasks)

I am looking forward to the implementation of PC import / export and Russian interface))

Hi, thank you for your thoughtful feedback.

I guess what you are suggesting is a part of Pantry/Inventory feature to track the quantity of products you need, taking into account the quantity already purchased. We will consider your suggestion when we get to the implementation of Pantry/Inventory feature.

As to reminders, I have just added “Calendar-based reminders” to our plans to Under consideration section.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again.

• 5gorets says:

Thank you for such quick response to requests. I (and not just me;)) really like what you very quickly respond to requests to you as the developer of the program!
        I would even offer you the opportunity to realize the interaction with the program a personal finance anMoney (it enjoys a sufficiently large interest among the users of iPhone and Android). For example, it is possible on the basis of the planned shopping list you can create a budget for buying food. Or vice versa when importing budget from anMoney in your program can be viewed not exceed a sum in the list of purchases planned budget. There is another option – to realize their byuzhety Playing your efforts. We all try to take your money and this realization will help make it better and more convenient for users. I would be glad if my suggestions you will fit.

P.S. I would like to invite you to put your blog plug-in for the possibility of subscribing to comments by e-mail. So it will be easier to track the discussion.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. I guess integration with budget tracking applications would be a nice feature. We will consider it a bit later.

As to subscribe plugin, have just added “Subscribe to Comments Reloaded”. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks again!

• 5gorets says:

If you do make a program similar anMoney or Financisto, then I am sure that she will get the same wonderful as Mighty Grocery and will work in a “harness”. As I understand it, soon you can expect web-based application to the Mighty Grocery. It still speaks in favor of making purchases and managing personal finances in one place Android or Web. If you look carefully Android Market, a decent personal finance software out there is almost not even paid (I’m not talking about some very expensive programs that the average user and do not really need). This is just my thoughts on the possible expansion of the functional software in terms of the average consumer.

Alex, I am very pleased with such a quick response to the wishes! I am very grateful to you for this! I am pleased to subscribe to this post and I will read the wishes of other users.

I agree, there are lots of nice money management apps on the Market, so it may make more sense to integrate with them rather then creating our own app. Anyway, we will see how it will be going.

It’s my pleasure to continue discussion with you and I look forward to hearing from you again.

3. Michelle says:

I’ve been using the lite version for a few weeks now and I’m very happy. I plan to buy the full version, but I do have a suggestion.When I plan my list I often base it on our meal plan for the week and would find it useful to have even a just basic list of the planned meals near my grocery list. Thanks!

Hi Michelle, thank you for your feedback.

You may want to try using Recipes as your meal planner. In Lite version there is only one recipe allowed in recipes list, while Full version allows unlimited number of recipes. To try it out in Lite version, just visit More page and click List of Recipes.

Thanks again for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you again.

4. Steve Taksel says:

I think this is the best app that I have downloaded. I as wondering if there is a way to have a master list for a shopping trip that would have multiple sub lists. If I go shopping and go to the grocery store and then to Lowes and then to Target. I might also hace to get a haircut and go to the bank. This way I would have a list of where I need to go and then be able to check the items off and if I was not able to get eveything at one place it would remind me to look at the next stop.

Thanks again for a wonderful app.

Hi Steve, thanks for your feedback and suggestion.

Hopefully you’d be glad to hear that we have just released Master list feature in Beta 9 of our shopping list app. To try it out
      1) visit All lists tab;
      2) create a new list, for example “My Master list”;
      3) set “Master list” check on Edit List screen;
      4) click Sublists; and
      5) select lists you would like to include in this master list.

After such a setup, Master list will display all sibling items grouped by sublist. And you still can browse any sublist individually. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks again for your feedback.

5. mel says:

Just upgraded to the full version and love it…we’ve recommended it to our frien ds and neighbors. Any plans for a pc application t
    Myhat will integrate with my epic 4G for faster input? Keep up the great work!

Hi Mel, thank you for your feedback and spreading the word about our shopping app.

To answer your question, we plan integration with PC via website which is currently under development. A very simple website to view/edit shopping list is planned this year along with list sharing feature which will allow sharing lists with your family and friends.

6. Jennifer says:

Would love to be able to create my list on my computer – and have it appear on my phone. A full keyboard would be faster and easier. Type in the list before you leave work, open the app and have it at the store.

Thanks.

Jennifer, thank you for the feedback and suggestion. Your vote will be counted for the planned “Web access to shared shopping lists” feature and may help the feature to hit the Market earlier.

7. Cris says:

Would like to buy the full version…no luck :(
    Tried your full version link to download, says no matches. Also tried searches in Market, App Brain as well as Slide ME… they all say no matches…
    Any suggestions? can you put out an .apk file? or buy it from your website???

Hi Cris, thank you for your interest and considering to upgrade to Full.

Unfortunately, Android Market is the only distribution channel for Mighty Grocery. If you can locate the Lite version on the Market (i.e. searching for “Mighty Grocery” in Android Market app) then most likely paid apps are not available in your location. Could you please suggest if Lite version is available on Android Market for you? The other reasons could be related to your country/carrier/phone model. You may want to share this data with us privately via email to hi@mightypocket.com so we could look into more details on our side.

Sorry for inconvenience and I hope this will eventually get resolved.

8. E Folbrecht says:

I like this app a lot. It would be great if you disable the phone’s timeout to make easier while shopping.

9. Michael Hoffmann says:

Is the full version of Mighty Grocery List available? If so, how do I get it and what is the cost. Thanks.

Michael, thank you for the question.

The full version of Mighty Grocery is available on Android Market. Just search for “Mighty Grocery” and choose the app which has no yellow stripe over its icon. Or you may want to scan this barcode.

As to the price, it’s $0.99 until we start delivering full-only features from the above list. The first increase is most likely to happen at the end of the next week.

10. Crystal says:

Out of all the grocery apps I’ve tried, Might Grocery is definitely the most fun to use. I love the playful look of it. My key feature in a grocery app is being able to store different item prices, for the exact same item, at different stores. Example: Breyer’s Ice Cream for 2.50 at Krogers, Breyer’s Ice Cream for 1.75 at Costco, Breyer’s Ice Cream 3.00 at Giant Eagle. Any plans on implementing something that would allow for this? That would be too perfect!! So far, the only app that I have found that allows this is rShopping. Thank you!

Hi Crystal, thank you for your feedback and suggestion.

I have to say that the feature of tracking item price for different stores sounds interesting. At the moment in Mighty Grocery, you may add the same item to different shopping lists, unlink them (button on the top left corner of Edit Items Details screen should get grey). This way you will have the same item on different shopping lists (stores) and you will be able to provide different prices for them. However, you will be missing a convenient way to compare item prices between stores. This is something we will be considering in the future, after we get all major plans in place.

Thanks again for the suggestion and looking forward for your further ideas as you use the app.