Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

Please take our survey to increase priority of features you would like to see sooner.

If you are waiting for the iOS version, fill this form to be the first to know when the app is available or to participate in Beta testing.

What to expect in the next update?

We are working on the iOS version and making it easier to sync your grocery data. In the next version of Android app, Mighty Grocery will instantly sync all changes of your grocery data to online account and between devices. And we mean all changes. Not only your shopping lists will sync, but also Pick list, Recipes, Meal Plans, History.

Due to the changes, some existing advanced sync features will not be available. First, since all data will be sync’d instantly, there is no longer need for Backup on cloud. Second, if your app was signed in to multiple accounts, all lists will be assigned to your primary account. If you wish to continue using multiple accounts you will have to re-assign them manually. Finally, it won’t be possible to selectively sync lists. I.e. all lists in the account will be sync’d. However it will be possible to create another local account and place local-only lists there.

Transition progress to the new version will require a few steps: 1) on primary device push all data to cloud; 2) on secondary handsets, pull all data from cloud. Once this is done, all changes will be instantaneous and automatic. Before transition the app will automatically create backup on your phone, so we will be able to assist you to recover your data if anything goes wrong.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding transition to the new version, feel free to contact us at hi@mightypocket.com.

Plans going forward*:

1. Advanced Web UI. This will also allow easier view & modification of product catalog, recipes, history. Pricing TBD.
  2. Export History and Product catalog from the app in CSV format.
  3. Recipes catalog. Integrate with existing products/sites and introduce improvements to recipe feature.
  4. Coupons.  Separate app and/or integration with existing apps.

Under consideration:

1. Adjust shopping list subtotal. This can be manually added/subtracted amount to shopping list subtotal or applied discount.
  2. Share selected items of shopping list via email, not all.
  3. Password protect shopping lists.
  4. GPS-based notifications for items/lists.
  5. Sync notifications.
  6. Unlink all favorites/pick items.
  7. Rename “Aisle” field on Edit Item screen for some types of lists.
  8. Use either Total Price or Unit Price as primary amount (currently only Unit Price used as primary).
  9. Do not round unit price and/or allow configuring decimal places.
  10. Group items and group barcodes under product/item/umbrella.
  11. Import from SMS.
  12. Workaround for case-insensitive search for non-ACSII characters.
  13. Configurable capitalization when adding a new item.
  14. Move multiple items to a different shopping list.
  15. Group by aisles in Master list view.
  16. Group sublists under Master lists in All lists view.
  17. Configure fields which get copied for linked items.
  18. Option to sort aisles by name and/or search aisles when selecting aisle for item.
  19. Configuration option: round tax to floor/ceil/nearest.
  20. Quantity of 1/4, 1/8, etc.
  21. Integration with barcoo.com
  22. Predictive Details mode and “batch adding”.
  23. Configuration option of not having tax added to items’ amount in shopping list.
  24. Collapsable groups in shopping list.
  25. Show number of items in drop-down selector of shopping lists.
  26. Indicator that item in Other aisle.
  27. New widget style + number of outstanding TODO items.
  28. CRV tax

* – The planned feature list is subject to change without any notice.

374 Responses to Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

1. Yuriy says:

Is it possible to add Notes for each store, where user can adds address, phone, hours of operations, etc. ?

Yuriy, adding notes is not available for stores at the moment. This is a good idea though. We may consider adding this field going forward. Thanks!

2. Rick says:

Mighty Grocery is fantastic! My wife and I use it a lot and especially like the sync feature… as we often forget a few items once the other has left for the store and we can just pop them on the list thru our phone and poof… it shows up on the other’s phone. The aisle organization is great and lets us go through the store quickly.

One minor request – a total amount for the list would help. You have the total in the cart & the total remaining, but its nice to see a grand total as I usually add items to the cart while shopping & have to do mental math to see where I’m at. I know there’s not much room on the screen but it would be helpful. Thanks for all the hard work!

Hi Rick, thank you so much for your feedback and the suggestion. We will consider adding this feature in the future.

3. Michael Hoffmann says:

Would like to see a feature that would allow importing/exporting recipes. Thanks.

4. April W. says:

First of all I LOVE this app!!! I recently used it on a re-con trip to the supermarket. I have gotten into couponing and I love being able to add the item, set the discount (and expiration date) and when I go to the store add the price and see my projected total. I think adding the doubling/tripling option for the stores (Kroger, Publix, Fred’s) who do this would be great. Other than that I love this app and I recommend it to all my friends.

5. Janez Šinkovec says:

Thank you for your clarification.
    I hope you will consider adding a feature to hide items for non-existent aisles in sublists.

6. Ania hughes says:

I love this app but I wish I could use it on my iPad

7. tammy brown says:

love this app! can’t wait for 2012 add ons to come into affect

8. Kris says:

Hi! Just love this app! I would recommend anyone to purchase the Full version, soo many great things to do with it!.

I was curious if there are any ideas to let us decide which Bar code app to use. I have tried the current one numerous times and it just will not scan and I end up frustrated and manually enter the prices etc. Thanks!

Kris, thanks so much for your feedback.

Unfortunately, the only app which is fully compatible with Mighty Grocery at the moment is Barcode Scanner app. Hopefully other apps will support integration with 3rd party apps going forward.

9. Brandy says:

I would like to see the unit price of the item and the taxes separated when using a shopping list instead of the combined together, so I will know if the price of the item has changed or not. I know, if I go to edit the item, I will see the unit price and the tax price separate, but it’s a pain to do with every item on my list. Also, I think it would be nice to have a calculator function for quick price figuring, etc, I need while I’m in the store.

Brandy, thanks for your feedback.

Kindly note that we plan on adding an option which will allow choosing Unit price, Total price or Total price without taxes in shopping list. Hopefully this will help. As for calculator, you can launch a calculator when you edit the Price field. However, I’d recommend using any other calculator app either shipped with your phone or downloaded from Google Play.

10. Elliott says:

I live in a big city with chain grocery stores, and occasionally end up going to a different store than I normally shop at. I would like to see an option to copy an entire grocery list from “Store 1″ to “Store 2″ so that I can have a history of the items I purchased at store 2 (for the next time I end up shopping there). Once the list is copied, I would add any specialty items that are available at store 2 that I may want to purchase the next time I am at store 2.

• Elliott says:

Just to clarify, I want to copy the current shopping list from one store to another. For instance, if I need to pick up 20 items at a store, but end up at a different store, it would be helpful if I could copy the entire shopping list.

Elliott, thanks for your question.

We may consider adding the feature you describe going forward. In the meantime you may want to try using Master list feature. Using your example, you could create a master list, say “Groceries” and two sublists “Store A” and “Store B”. If you add items to Groceries list it will be listed under both Store A and Store B. Normally you will use Store A, but if you decide to go to Store B you’ll just need to switch to Store B. And if you check out an item it will be checked out from all sub-lists and master list.

Hopefully this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• Janez Šinkovec says:

This is exactly my workflow: I have one master list “Groceries” with several sublists: “Store A”, “Store B”, “Butcher”, “Dairy-only Store”, …
        Naturally “Butcher” only has “Meat” aisle, but MightyGrocery will show me all items from “Groceries” list. I consider this a bug, or, help me set up the list-sublists properly, please.

Janez, kindly note that this behaviour is by design: any item added to master list will be listed under every sub-list. If you don’t want that, you might want to consider creating another sub-list, say “Generic” and move all items from “Groceries” to “Generic”.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.