Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

Please take our survey to increase priority of features you would like to see sooner.

If you are waiting for the iOS version, fill this form to be the first to know when the app is available or to participate in Beta testing.

What to expect in the next update?

We are working on the iOS version and making it easier to sync your grocery data. In the next version of Android app, Mighty Grocery will instantly sync all changes of your grocery data to online account and between devices. And we mean all changes. Not only your shopping lists will sync, but also Pick list, Recipes, Meal Plans, History.

Due to the changes, some existing advanced sync features will not be available. First, since all data will be sync’d instantly, there is no longer need for Backup on cloud. Second, if your app was signed in to multiple accounts, all lists will be assigned to your primary account. If you wish to continue using multiple accounts you will have to re-assign them manually. Finally, it won’t be possible to selectively sync lists. I.e. all lists in the account will be sync’d. However it will be possible to create another local account and place local-only lists there.

Transition progress to the new version will require a few steps: 1) on primary device push all data to cloud; 2) on secondary handsets, pull all data from cloud. Once this is done, all changes will be instantaneous and automatic. Before transition the app will automatically create backup on your phone, so we will be able to assist you to recover your data if anything goes wrong.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding transition to the new version, feel free to contact us at hi@mightypocket.com.

Plans going forward*:

1. Advanced Web UI. This will also allow easier view & modification of product catalog, recipes, history. Pricing TBD.
  2. Export History and Product catalog from the app in CSV format.
  3. Recipes catalog. Integrate with existing products/sites and introduce improvements to recipe feature.
  4. Coupons.  Separate app and/or integration with existing apps.

Under consideration:

1. Adjust shopping list subtotal. This can be manually added/subtracted amount to shopping list subtotal or applied discount.
  2. Share selected items of shopping list via email, not all.
  3. Password protect shopping lists.
  4. GPS-based notifications for items/lists.
  5. Sync notifications.
  6. Unlink all favorites/pick items.
  7. Rename “Aisle” field on Edit Item screen for some types of lists.
  8. Use either Total Price or Unit Price as primary amount (currently only Unit Price used as primary).
  9. Do not round unit price and/or allow configuring decimal places.
  10. Group items and group barcodes under product/item/umbrella.
  11. Import from SMS.
  12. Workaround for case-insensitive search for non-ACSII characters.
  13. Configurable capitalization when adding a new item.
  14. Move multiple items to a different shopping list.
  15. Group by aisles in Master list view.
  16. Group sublists under Master lists in All lists view.
  17. Configure fields which get copied for linked items.
  18. Option to sort aisles by name and/or search aisles when selecting aisle for item.
  19. Configuration option: round tax to floor/ceil/nearest.
  20. Quantity of 1/4, 1/8, etc.
  21. Integration with barcoo.com
  22. Predictive Details mode and “batch adding”.
  23. Configuration option of not having tax added to items’ amount in shopping list.
  24. Collapsable groups in shopping list.
  25. Show number of items in drop-down selector of shopping lists.
  26. Indicator that item in Other aisle.
  27. New widget style + number of outstanding TODO items.
  28. CRV tax

* – The planned feature list is subject to change without any notice.

374 Responses to Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

1. Dale says:

Please consider an option to stack multiple coupons to an item. That would allow us to keep the regular price associated with the item when you have a manufacturer’s coupon for an item with a sale price

Another nice addition would be the ability to assign store specific aisle assignments. I shop at several stores and the aisle arrangement is very different at each, even two stores from the same chain are not laid out the same.

Dale, thanks for your suggestions. We will consider implementing both features going forward. In the meantime, for the store-specific aisles, you may want to try using List-specific Favorites or create items with slightly different names for each store. This way you could set up any aisle configuration for each store and assign aisles to appropriate items. Hopefully this makes sense.

2. Jason says:

An addition to the coupons – “X for price” eg “5 for 4.99″ would be great since many of the stores I visit have specials like these. Currently I set 5 items and adjust total price but this then effects the usual unit price. Otherwise this is my favourite shopping list app, does everything else I want.

Jason, you may want to try “Buy 1 get X free” coupon type. In your case it will be Buy 1 get 4 free. Then you can adjust Qty as you will and total price will be calculated correctly.

3. David says:

The coupons addition is great,one suggestion for it. Adjust the Buy 1 get # to be more flexible….for coupons that are like buy 2 (or more) get 1 free.

David, thanks for your suggestion. We may consider such improvement in the future. In the meantime it’s possible to enter “0.5” as the number of free items (buy 1 get 0.5 free) which is same as buy 2 get 1 free. Thanks!

4. marquis says:

Meal planner set by week, thats what im look
    And sharing between my account and my wife account so we can changes plans add produc to the grocery list without telling each other.
    The meal planning is good so the grocry list gets update by the meals selectioj.

Greaaaat

5. Michele Schmitz says:

Having a pantry list already created and i can check the
    Boxes of what i have would be so great ! Also the sms imports
    And postpone items and for sure stores price comparision would
    Be wonderful. Make this the best grocery app ever !!!
    I just think you should do it. Oh and taking photos of an item
    Because i have to use another app for that.

6. Dorothy says:

It would be very nice, especially since you will be implementing menu planning, if when adding items to shopping lists from a recipes ingredients list, it would show added items from lists that are not the current list, perhaps greyed out. I.e. each week I buy my groceries from a grocery store and farmers market. When preparing my list from an ingredients list, i the grocery store is the active list, I only see those items checked. When I switch to the farmers market list, I only see those items checked. It would be nice if I saw both lists items checked, with the current lists items bold, and all other lists faded.

7. Manuela says:

I am using Mighty Grocery to keep track of the items that I buy frequently and to keep track of my household budget. Therefore I miss an option to export the history to a CSV or excel spreadsheet, so I can tell at the end of the month which Items I bought most frequently, where and the totals.
    Configurable statistics, i.e. totals per month and per List, totals per month and Aisle/Shelf, etc. would be an acceptable alternative.

Is there anything in planning that allows this kind of tracking ?

Hi Manuela, thank you for your feedback. We have plans for CSV export feature, hopefully it will be available soon. As for advanced statistics, unfortunately it is unlikely to appear any time soon.

8. Holly Lee says:

your app looks perfect however I was wanting to see if you would be able to ad weekly advertised deals to the store and we can make comparison.

9. Lauré Miller says:

I would LOVE to have the option to view a COMBINED list. That way if I am in one store I can compare the price for items I have on my list from another store without having to switch lists back and forth.

10. Tom says:

Great App. I have seen another app that allows you to store reward cards as a barcode the cashiers could scan. This would be great since I have about 10 on my keychain I could get rid of.
    If I’m shopping at Rite Aid, a button should be provided on that shopping list for that store. (For easy access) Please take off consideration list and place on plans list.

Hi Tom, thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestion. Your support definitely increases chances for the feature to appear on plans list sooner. Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.