Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

Please take our survey to increase priority of features you would like to see sooner.

If you are waiting for the iOS version, fill this form to be the first to know when the app is available or to participate in Beta testing.

What to expect in the next update?

We are working on the iOS version and making it easier to sync your grocery data. In the next version of Android app, Mighty Grocery will instantly sync all changes of your grocery data to online account and between devices. And we mean all changes. Not only your shopping lists will sync, but also Pick list, Recipes, Meal Plans, History.

Due to the changes, some existing advanced sync features will not be available. First, since all data will be sync’d instantly, there is no longer need for Backup on cloud. Second, if your app was signed in to multiple accounts, all lists will be assigned to your primary account. If you wish to continue using multiple accounts you will have to re-assign them manually. Finally, it won’t be possible to selectively sync lists. I.e. all lists in the account will be sync’d. However it will be possible to create another local account and place local-only lists there.

Transition progress to the new version will require a few steps: 1) on primary device push all data to cloud; 2) on secondary handsets, pull all data from cloud. Once this is done, all changes will be instantaneous and automatic. Before transition the app will automatically create backup on your phone, so we will be able to assist you to recover your data if anything goes wrong.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding transition to the new version, feel free to contact us at hi@mightypocket.com.

Plans going forward*:

1. Advanced Web UI. This will also allow easier view & modification of product catalog, recipes, history. Pricing TBD.
  2. Export History and Product catalog from the app in CSV format.
  3. Recipes catalog. Integrate with existing products/sites and introduce improvements to recipe feature.
  4. Coupons.  Separate app and/or integration with existing apps.

Under consideration:

1. Adjust shopping list subtotal. This can be manually added/subtracted amount to shopping list subtotal or applied discount.
  2. Share selected items of shopping list via email, not all.
  3. Password protect shopping lists.
  4. GPS-based notifications for items/lists.
  5. Sync notifications.
  6. Unlink all favorites/pick items.
  7. Rename “Aisle” field on Edit Item screen for some types of lists.
  8. Use either Total Price or Unit Price as primary amount (currently only Unit Price used as primary).
  9. Do not round unit price and/or allow configuring decimal places.
  10. Group items and group barcodes under product/item/umbrella.
  11. Import from SMS.
  12. Workaround for case-insensitive search for non-ACSII characters.
  13. Configurable capitalization when adding a new item.
  14. Move multiple items to a different shopping list.
  15. Group by aisles in Master list view.
  16. Group sublists under Master lists in All lists view.
  17. Configure fields which get copied for linked items.
  18. Option to sort aisles by name and/or search aisles when selecting aisle for item.
  19. Configuration option: round tax to floor/ceil/nearest.
  20. Quantity of 1/4, 1/8, etc.
  21. Integration with barcoo.com
  22. Predictive Details mode and “batch adding”.
  23. Configuration option of not having tax added to items’ amount in shopping list.
  24. Collapsable groups in shopping list.
  25. Show number of items in drop-down selector of shopping lists.
  26. Indicator that item in Other aisle.
  27. New widget style + number of outstanding TODO items.
  28. CRV tax

* – The planned feature list is subject to change without any notice.

374 Responses to Plans for Mighty Grocery Shopping List App

1. Tammy says:

I like this app. One feature that would be helpful to me is an option to show monthly totals in the history so i could easily see how much i have spent on groceries this month or week.

Tammy, thanks for your feedback and suggestion. We may consider adding more reporting features in history going forward.

2. Stoo says:

Very happy with this app so far, but I do have one suggestion: When setting up a new list, offer a “store type” selection, with different sets of preconfigured aisles for different types of stores. For instance, I use the app not just for a grocery list but also for things I need from a big-box home improvement store, and will use it for other stores as well. It would’ve been very nice to be able to pick from Grocery, Home Improvement, Pet Store, Office Supply Store, Electronics Store, etc., and have a list of aisles ready-made for that type of store — like Electrical, Plumbing, Lumber, Flooring, Hardware, Tools, Lawn & Garden, and so on for a home improvement store. Since I can customize aisles by list in this app, it’s not a deal-breaker at all; I just think it would make a nice enhancement.

Stoo, thanks for your suggestion. The idea sounds good, however most people have their preferences of setting up aisles. If you have any store aisles set up already, you may want to try aisle copy feature available under Aisles –> Menu –> Copy from.

3. Bryan says:

I love this app… very powerful and useful for a busy family.
    As a helpful aspect… this app could benefit from being able to store shopper cards either via number with a scanable interface (think like the Starbuck’s app) or with a picture (also allowing scanning). I cannot tell you how many times I have been shopping and forgot a keychain of a million different frequent shopper cards. This app is great and I would probably be glad to provide additional funding as necessary.

Bryan, thanks so much for your feedback and your suggestion. We have plans to add store cards in the future.

4. Debbie says:

We really enjoy this app. I would like to be able to get a total of multple stores so when I go shopping I know just how much money I need at a glance. It would just be a nice option to have.

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for your feedback.

You may want to try using Master lists to group a few shopping lists and see combined total for the lists.

5. Debie says:

I just downloaded this app last night to use for my grocery shopping trip today. So much better than GroceryIQ!! The syncing works wonderfully – thank you for such a great app.

I am anxious to get a better website interface though – something that will integrate my history and favorites would be fantastic!

Hi Debie, thanks so much for your feedback!

The Advanced Web UI is currently being developed and I hope it will be available soon. Feel free to join our Beta Testing group to be the first to try it out.

6. Jery says:

Hi! I love your app — my wife and I use it to conveniently manage our grocery list. One thing that I’ve noticed is that if I enter an item’s price on my phone, the price does not sync up with her phone. So the next time she adds an item it will show up without a price on it and I have to re-key the price in.

7. medows says:

The Send To feature is powerful but at times it would be nice to send from Mighty Grocery terminal to another and vice versa so a list could be further updated.

8. michelle says:

I love the app, what kind of time frame before available for iphone? My husband and I share the list and it works fantastic! I want to upgrade to an iphone, but don’t want to lose this app

Michelle, thanks so much for your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no specific release date for iPhone yet, but the iOS app is currently being developed. Hopefully we will have a chance to publish the first version soon.

9. Troy Packrat says:

I’d like to see an option to specify how often you are reminded to backup. Currently your only options are the default, which is apparently less than a week, or no reminder at all. A backup usually takes several minutes for me, so once a week is a bit much, and being constantly bothered to backup is annoying. I do want to be reminded to do a backup, but I’d like it to be on my terms.

Hi Troy, thanks for your suggestion. We may consider creating more flexible reminders going forward.

10. Kelly says:

Have you considered adding a function where one could build a list and THEN separate/ sort by store? I build a grocery list by my menu for the week, but I might go to two or three stores for what I need, something like this would help greatly. Thanks!

Hi Kelly, thank you for contacting us. You may want to try using Master list feature for your convenience. For instance, if you have master list Groceries and add your stores as sub-lists, you could add items to your master list as you know you need them. Then when you open a store list, all items from the master list will be listed. Hopefully this makes sense.