This section describes how to establish grocery data syncing between devices using Cloud. By “Cloud” we understand Mighty Grocery server infrastructure designed to store and process app-related data.
Online access to shared shopping lists: My Mighty Grocery.
- To create an account: tap Sign up > enter Email & Password > Confirm.
- To sign in to existing account: tap Sign in > enter Email (or Account ID) & password > Confirm.
- To continue using app locally without exchanging data with Cloud: tap Continue > the app will create a new local account for you.
It’s recommended to get devices in sync on the first launch of the app:
- Sign up to MG account on one of your handsets to create an account.
- Sign in to the created account from all other devices.
Once you connected devices to Cloud, all your grocery data will be synced automatically between handsets, including Lists, Pick list, History, Recipes, etc.
Sync Existing Local Data
- Go to Settings > Accounts > your account > tap [Sync with Cloud].
- A new account will be created for you on Cloud.
Sign In to Account
If you already have an account on Cloud and would like to sync data with a new device, just Sign in to the account from Welcome screen on the new device.
If you got past the Welcome screen, there are two options:
- You can Sign out from all accounts listed under Settings > Accounts. And then Sign in from Welcome screen.
- You can Sign in to the account under Settings > Accounts > Actions (3-dot button) > Sign in.
Sign Out from Account
To Sign out from account just go to Settings > Accounts > [your account] > Actions (3-dot button) > Sign out > choose No to keeping data on the device (unless you’d like to make a local copy of your data and create a new account from it) > Confirm.
The above sequence of actions will remove account’s data from your device, but account will remain on Cloud.
There are two options to restore your password:
- If any of your devices is signed in to your account you can change it under Settings > Accounts > your account > Owner password.
- Otherwise you can restore password under Settings > Accounts > Actions (3-dot button) > Restore password > enter Email > Confirm.
Transfer Data from Old Device to a New One
Note: If you have a Full Version of Mighty Grocery you don’t need to pay for the app again when installing it on a new device. Just make sure you use the same Google Account with Google Play to download the app. For more details please see Google’s help. Just a reminder: if you purchased the app from Amazon Appstore you need to download Mighty Grocery from Amazon.
On your old device:
- Make sure you device is running the latest version of Mighty Grocery.
- Make sure that you have account on Cloud and it is syncing normally. Just go to Settings > Accounts > your account > check that status is “Success”. If your account is local, please see Sync Existing Local Data.
- Make sure that entered Email is correct or tap [Email] field to make changes.
- Tap [Owner password] field > enter your password.
On your new device:
- Sign in to your account from Welcome screen. See Sign In to Account section for more details.
- Account settings (such as Account label, Email, Password) can be changed under Settings > Accounts > your account.
- Account ID can be used to sign in to your account instead of Email.
Owner and Guest passwords
Your account can have Owner password and Guest password associated with it. If you created the account or used Owner password to sign in to your account, you are granted Owner access and you can make any changes to the account.
Users who sign in using Guest password are granted Guest access and are not allowed to change account Passwords, Email, and Account label.
If you’d like to delete account from Cloud, go to Account Settings and choose Delete from Cloud option from Actions (3-dot button).
If your devices do not sync, please check the following:
- Your devices are running the latest version of Mighty Grocery available for download (currently 4.0+).
- Devices are signed in to the same account. You can check this by comparing Account Ids listed on the devices under Settings > Accounts.
- Sync status should be “Success”: check sync status under Settings > Accounts > your account.
- If this didn’t help, please email your Account IDs to firstname.lastname@example.org with details about the issue so we could have a closer look.
List Sync Settings
- Polling interval — number of seconds between sync attempts when shopping list screen is open.
- Idle polling interval — number of seconds between sync attempts when shopping list screen is closed.
- Sync status details — configures level of details of progress messages. Can be None, Simple, and Detailed.
Starting with Mighty Grocery 4.0 the app will store backups of your data on SD card only. If you’d like to keep your data safely on Cloud, make sure that syncing with Cloud is activated.
Backups can be created and restored under Settings > Backup.
Choose Create backup to initiate backup creation. Choose Restore backup to restore previously created backup in your app. Choose Share backup if you’d like to send one of backups from your SD card to someone else. 5 last backups are preserved and the app automatically creates backups every once in a while.
Note: Backups are stored on SD card in
- Full version: /sdcard/Android/backup/com.mightypocket.grocery.full/files
- Free version: /sdcard/Android/backup/com.mightypocket.grocery/files