Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Sync with Cloud

Introduction

This section describes how to establish grocery data syncing between devices using Cloud. By “Cloud” we understand Mighty Grocery server infrastructure designed to store and process app-related data.

Online access to shared shopping lists: My Mighty Grocery.

Getting Started

When you launch Mighty Grocery for the first time it will offer three options: Sign up, Sign in, Continue.

1. To create an account: tap Sign up > enter Email & Password > Confirm.
  2. To sign in to existing account: tap Sign in > enter Email (or Account ID) & password > Confirm.
  3. To continue using app locally without exchanging data with Cloud: tap Continue > the app will create a new local account for you.

It’s recommended to get devices in sync on the first launch of the app:

1. Sign up to MG account on one of your handsets to create an account.
  2. Sign in to the created account from all other devices.

Once you connected devices to Cloud, all your grocery data will be synced automatically between handsets, including Lists, Pick list, History, Recipes, etc.

Sync Existing Local Data

Sync local accountIf you choose “Continue” from the Welcome screen, a local account is created for you, and no data is sent to Cloud. You can start syncing your local account later following these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > your account > tap [Sync with Cloud].
  2. A new account will be created for you on Cloud.

If you already have an account on Cloud and would like to sync data with a new device, just Sign in to the account from Welcome screen on the new device.

If you got past the Welcome screen, there are two options:

1. You can Sign out from all accounts listed under Settings > Accounts. And then Sign in from Welcome screen.
  2. You can Sign in to the account under Settings > Accounts > Actions (3-dot button) > Sign in.

Sign Out from Account

To Sign out from account just go to Settings > Accounts > [your account] > Actions (3-dot button) > Sign out > choose No to keeping data on the device (unless you’d like to make a local copy of your data and create a new account from it) > Confirm.

The above sequence of actions will remove account’s data from your device, but account will remain on Cloud.

Restore Password

There are two options to restore your password:

1. If any of your devices is signed in to your account you can change it under Settings > Accounts > your account > Owner password.
  2. Otherwise you can restore password under Settings > Accounts > Actions (3-dot button) > Restore password > enter Email > Confirm.

Transfer Data from Old Device to a New One

Note: If you have a Full Version of Mighty Grocery you don’t need to pay for the app again when installing it on a new device. Just make sure you use the same Google Account with Google Play to download the app. For more details please see Google’s help. Just a reminder: if you purchased the app from Amazon Appstore you need to download Mighty Grocery from Amazon.

On your old device:

1. Make sure you device is running the latest version of Mighty Grocery.
  2. Make sure that you have account on Cloud and it is syncing normally. Just go to Settings > Accounts > your account > check that status is “Success”. If your account is local, please see Sync Existing Local Data.
  3. Make sure that entered Email is correct or tap [Email] field to make changes.
  4. Tap [Owner password] field > enter your password.

On your new device:

• Sign in to your account from Welcome screen. See Sign In to Account section for more details.

Account Settings

1. Edit Account SettingsAccount settings (such as Account label, Email, Password) can be changed under Settings > Accounts > your account.
  2. Account ID can be used to sign in to your account instead of Email.

Owner and Guest passwords

Your account can have Owner password and Guest password associated with it. If you created the account or used Owner password to sign in to your account, you are granted Owner access and you can make any changes to the account.

Users who sign in using Guest password are granted Guest access and are not allowed to change account Passwords, Email, and Account label.

Troubleshooting

If your devices do not sync, please check the following:

1. Your devices are running the latest version of Mighty Grocery available for download (currently 4.0+).
  2. Devices are signed in to the same account. You can check this by comparing Account Ids listed on the devices under Settings > Accounts.
  3. Sync status should be “Success”: check sync status under Settings > Accounts > your account.
  4. If this didn’t help, please email your Account IDs to hi@mightypocket.com with details about the issue so we could have a closer look.

List Sync Settings

List Sync Settings are accessible from Menu –> Settings –> List Sync.

1. Polling interval — number of seconds between sync attempts when shopping list screen is open.
  2. Idle polling interval — number of seconds between sync attempts when shopping list screen is closed.
  3. Sync status details — configures level of details of progress messages. Can be None, Simple, and Detailed.

Backup

Starting with Mighty Grocery 4.0 the app will store backups of your data on SD card only. If you’d like to keep your data safely on Cloud, make sure that syncing with Cloud is activated.

Backups can be created and restored under Settings > Backup.

Choose Create backup to initiate backup creation. Choose Restore backup to restore previously created backup in your app. Choose Share backup if you’d like to send one of backups from your SD card to someone else. 5 last backups are preserved and the app automatically creates backups every once in a while.

Note: Backups are stored on SD card in

• Full version: /sdcard/Android/backup/com.mightypocket.grocery.full/files
  • Free version: /sdcard/Android/backup/com.mightypocket.grocery/files

Privacy Policy

Please see our Privacy Policy.

199 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Sync with Cloud

1. Mary says:

I LOVED this app on my Droid. I used it for all kinds of list making because it works better than all the list apps. Now I have an iPhone and it’s not available. So bummed.

Hi Mary, thank you for your feedback. I am sad that we don’t have Mighty Grocery available for iOS yet. Hopefully it will be available early next year.

2. Michelle says:

Is there somewhere on the website where I could add/ edit my grocery lists? That is what I was really looking for when I saw I was able to sync with this android app. Thanks.

Hi Michelle, thank you for your interest in our app and your question.

Yes, you may want to try our Basic Web UI to modify your shared shopping lists. Link and invitation code are available on our Twitter.

3. Kade says:

I have purchased the app for two devices and one (owner) went swimming and so i lost my data. what do you know? I also lost my password (probably didn’t select one of my regulars because it’s groceries right?). Is there a way to get access to my data again? reset password?

Hi Kade, thank you for contacting us.

Your password has been reset and sent to your email.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

4. soko says:

My phone has the owner tag and my wifes says guest even though i logged in with the email and owners password on her device. I want to be able to create new list and as i want her to be able to creat new ones also and push and pull them. How can this happen? Can two devices have owner status?

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Yes, it’s possible to have owner access to the same account from different handsets. However, please be aware that only one owner account is allowed on a handset at a time. Just make sure there are no other accounts under Accounts tab before you log in to your account on your wife’s phone.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

5. Sounds nice, but what I’m really looking for is a list I can access via the web, while still being able to use the extra features on my ‘phone (such as barcode scanning). I don’t want to have to muck around with input on my ‘phone when I’m at a perfectly good computer. Unfortunately, while I’ve found some murmurings about that feature coming one day, there’s apparently no real indication for when this will be a reality.

6. Deb says:

Again, I LOVE this grocery app!!!! And now I LOVE it even more because I just figured out how to fix the problem and we are back on track!!!!! I am so glad I found this app. It makes shopping so much easier in our family.

7. Deb says:

My husband and I LOVE this grocery app. We love how it sync’s so fast. However, I had to get a new phone and it changed my account number. My husband has my old account on his phone and I have a new account on my phone and we cant seem to figure out how to get the new one on his phone or the old one back on my phone. HELP!!! Grocery shopping has been difficult ever since.

Hi Deb, thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you could resolve the issue.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.

8. Jake Stallings says:

I have the full app and love it, however, I was wondering if there is a way to access it on a regular comp as well. If there isnt, I think there could be potential for it…thanks!

Great job on the app…it was just what I wanted!

9. Angela Hunte says:

I have recently upgraded to full version. I had the lite version on my droidx. I purchased a new phone and did not import old to the new. I went to setup an account and forgot the password. My second device is a xoom and i want to sync betwenn the two. I setup an account on myphone and Now have forgottn the login. And password how do I retrievdvor get phone.

Hi Angela, thanks for your question.

Kindly note that you can see Account ID on the existing device by following Menu –> Settings –> Accounts –> (your account). You can also change Owner password there if you forgot your password.

For more details about syncing handsets please see Sync with cloud User’s Guide.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

10. Ben says:

Server seems to be down, when I sync I get an internet connection error. There is nothing wrong with my phone, internet connection works just fine for everything else. Also the online web site for entering grocery items generates an application error when accessed.

What’s up?