User’s Guide

See User’s Guide as single page.

130 Responses to User’s Guide

1. Dale Nelson says:

Much as I like this app, there are several things about it that are slowly driving me crazy. The worst one is that the store (list) keeps changing. I’ll be looking at a pick list for Costco and decide to add a few items. When I hit the plus sign, the list changes to Safeway, but I usually don’t notice that. I then spend the next 20 minutes typing 40 items into the wrong isles in the wrong store. Not good. The store should never change unless the user changes it. Can’t believe no one else has noticed this. I’m using custom isles with all items unlinked. Droid x.

2. Claybuster says:

Hello:
    Thanks for the excellent app!! I first downloaded the Life version, then upgraded to the full version. Can I now uninstall the Life version, or must I keep both installed on my Droid X? Thanks again for the great app.

Hello, thanks for your feedback and your question.

Yes, it’s safe to uninstall Lite version as soon as you are sure that all grocery data transferred to Full version successfully.

3. Jen says:

Hello, my app used to sort properly by aisle, but recently it will not sort, whether the option is checked in settings or not. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks, love this app!

4. eric says:

Can I combine items on different lists into one master list? Conversely, can I separate one list into multiple lists?

Thanks!

Hi Eric, thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to group your lists under one Master list and have all sublist items in one listing. It is also possible to re-assign item to a different list. Please see Manage shopping lists User’s Guide for more details.

5. ray says:

Can I import a list of products from an excel spreadsheet. I am wondering if I can use this ap to shop for parts i use and buy for my sprinkler service business. Thanks

6. steve says:

Any chance I could get a copy of the user’s manual in .pdf format?

Steve, thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, the User’s Guide is available online only yet. I would anticipate PDF version later this year.

7. Luis Gustavo says:

Can it have translate for portuguese?

Hi Luis, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that app’s UI will get translated in Portuguese soon, though User’s Guide translation is a part of long-term plans. In a mean time you may want to try import of product catalog in Portuguese. More details are available in Settings User’s Guide.

8. Emmanuelle says:

Is it possible to select recipe ingredients from the pick list and to use that list of recipe ingredients like a favorite list? I would love to be able to add all or some of the ingredients of a recipe to a shopping list.
    Thank you!

Hi Emmanuelle, thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, there is no way to add items from pick list into a recipe yet. However, a recipe ingredient can be added to the shopping list by tapping ingredient’s row just as you would in Favorites list. A green check next to recipe ingredient indicates that such an item is added to shopping list.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

9. Michael Hoffmann says:

Is there a way to import recipes from a word file, or is the only way to type the entire recipe?

10. David says:

My wife and I purchased the full version beta 11. How can we share/sync our grocery lists?
    Thanks!

Hi David, thank you for your feedback and upgrading.

Kindly note the Sync with cloud User’s Guide which describes Sync lists as well as Backup feature. However, List Sync feature is in preview now and allows simple push/pull synchronization of shopping lists. Instant List Sync is anticipated in Beta 12 and will be available for download soon.

• Caitlin says:

Hi! My fiance and I just downloaded the full beta 12 mighty grocery app and are having a hard time getting our phones to sync. First question…Must we have the same account on each phone? Second question…I got the lists to transfer, but no changes to the lists will sync. Third question…the app created multiple accounts and now won’t let me delete the accounts we won’t be using. Please help!

Hi Caitlin, thank you for your questions.

Kindly note that Sync with Cloud User’s Guide may come handy in understanding how list sync works. To quickly address your questions —

1) Yes, you need the same account to be used across your devices in order to get them sync’ed. Usually, account gets created on one device, Owner and Guest passwords get assigned and then the other device is used to login to that account.

2) In order to have a shopping list synchronized, it needs to be pushed to the cloud first and then pulled from cloud on the other device. From that moment on, the list will get instantly synchronized if “Auto Sync” check is ON for the account on both handsets.

3) To delete an account, simply long-click it and choose Delete. Then you will be prompted if you want to delete the account from cloud. Choose Yes and the account will get removed from your phone and will get deleted from Cloud. Kindly note that deleting account on Cloud is available for Owner account only.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.