User’s Guide

See User’s Guide as single page.

130 Responses to User’s Guide

1. Michael says:

Hi Alex!
    I love your app, but I seem to have a problem figuring out how to move my “list” (or cart) to my customized aisles. In “groceries” my list is in alphabetical order, I can’t for the life of me to figure out how to move them to the customized aisles, or move the customized aisles into my lists! Please help!

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback and your question.

Do you mean your items are not grouped by aisles? Please see this Frequently Asked Question. Otherwise please provide a bit more details about your issue.

2. Rhonda Berry says:

How do we delete items off the search products list?

Hi Rhonda, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that Pick list contains all items available in the product search. Therefore deleting items from Pick list will remove items from search results as well. Another option is to uncheck “Show in Pick list and Search” box under Edit item tab.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

3. Fernanda Souto Cançado says:

Suggestion: include pictures, in the same way of barcode.

Best regards,
    Fernanda

4. muaB says:

hi there,

this one is really the best app on the store, great work 😉

it would be perfect (for me ,p) if you could ad some sheduling function.

e.g.: i need new toiletpaper every 2 weeks. so it will be added to my list every 2 weeks after i bought the last package.

thx in advance.

5. Seth says:

I really enjoy this app, barcode feature will be spot on when more people use it, as it is I will be doing my part to add my scans to your directory. I would like to share my list with my wife so we can both sync our lists, I see that there is a cloud feature, but my wife is not as tech savvy as I, is there another way or plans for maybe a bluetooth syncing file? Thanks for your hard work!

Hi Seth, thank you for your feedback and your question.

Kindly note that Sync with cloud feature may be challenging to setup, but once setup is accomplished, all items from shared shopping lists will be synchronized automatically without any extra effort. In other words, modifying shared lists is absolutely the same as modifying non-shared list.

Unfortunately, we don’t plan any other ways to sync lists at the moment.

6. Mark says:

Makes every shopping trip more organized! Excellent

7. Dale Nelson says:

Just in case anyone reads all my complaining posts here and gets the wrong idea, I believe Mighty Grocery is the best shopping app available on Android, and I recommend it above any other similar app that I’m aware of. I’m just never satisfied :)

8. Dale Nelson says:

I think I see a clue regarding my problem with search function. When I look at my item details page, the “shopping list” field always says “any list” and cannot be changed. All other fields on the item detail page can be changed. Is this normal? Is this why the search results do not show were an item is from? How do I change this field? List specific favorites is checked on all my stores and master list is not checked. I am using custom aisles and try to keep each store completely separate from any other. All items are unlinked on the detail page.

Dale,

Kindly note that “Any list” field value is unchangeable for products from Pick list. However, shopping list field is changeable for shopping list items.

• Dale Nelson says:

Alex,
        I would have thought that the shopping list field
        would automatically populate with the correct shopping list. That way the search results could display the correct shopping list for pick list items, the same way it does for shopping list items. It’s not a show stopper – the user can always long-press each search results item, one at a time, and then select go to source. This is certainly not as user friendly but again, you probably have a good reason for not wanting to change this. No matter how good an app is users are never satisfied right? :)

Dale,

I am totally agree with your comment. We are trying to add the most demanded features first and then take care of other details like you describe. I cannot guarantee that every request will be implemented in our app. However I am glad to hear back from never satisfied users because getting their suggestions implemented makes the app better. So, keep writing!

Thanks!

9. Dale Nelson says:

I don’t understand how the search function is meant to be used. If I’m making a shopping list for a particular store and I tap search, I only expect to see the items I have set up for that store. What I get though, is items from history, items from other stores, and even items from other shopping lists. Worst of all, The search results Do not list were the items were from. Even if I look at the item details, I can’t tell were the items are from. As a result, the search funjction is almost useless to me and I rarely use it.

I can see where you might want to use search for making price
    comparisons, in which case you would want to see results for all stores. It seems to me like search should indeed include all stores, but only when you’re in the “all lists” mode. If I am making a shopping list for Costco all I want to do is find Costco items quickly. Is there a setting I could change or some other way to make search more useful?

Dale,

The Search Feature is intended to help finding items by name. It also helps reviewing purchases of an item if only History is selected in filter. It is also possible to verify if item has been added to a shopping list.

The search functions you might been looking for is accessible by clicking Add button (Plus) under List tab.

• Dale Nelson says:

Yes the search function in list view works as I would expect. I’ll just learn to switch to list view when I’m working on my pick lists. Thank you.

10. Dale Nelson says:

Oops, Actually the store changes when I tap the gear icon and “My Picks”. It has already changed before I tap the plus sign.

Dale, thank you for your comments.

Yes, this is correct. The list may change under MyPicks because we expect people to use this feature rarely. Kindly note that list selector on top of MyPicks page displays “Any list” or shopping lists with customized aisles.

• Dale Nelson says:

I’m having a hard time understanding your answer to this one since for me, generating custom shopping lists, using MY PICKS is one of the most important features of the app. You must have your reasons for not fixing this so I’ll just learn to keep checking the list selector.

Dale,

I may be asking too much, but if you please send me the scenario of your working with shopping lists and pick list to hi@mightypocket.com. I guess I am missing why you need to switch between shopping list and My Picks often.

Hopefully, this will give more insights on how we can fix this.

Thanks!

• Dale Nelson says:

Alex,
          I haven’t been able to spend any time or even think about this app lately but will get back to it soon and will email you then. Sure appreciate you taking time to work with users.