Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

Current shopping list is a key activity of Mighty Grocery. Typical usage scenario includes adding items, placing items in cart, checking out. It is also possible to open Item Details and change quantity and price.

Please make sure to see Getting Started Guide before moving on.

Add a new item

To add a new item:

1. Click Add button (Plus) on top of Shopping list screen.
  2. Start typing item.
  3. The app shows a list of existing items from product catalog which match your entry.
  4. Click on an item to add it to the shopping list.

If item does not exist on product catalog, just continue typing to enter the full item name and click Add button.

Edit mode

To activate Edit mode tap Lightning button. Tap the icon again to deactivate Edit mode.

In Edit mode you can quickly add items using Voice and Barcode scan. Also, you can change order of items using drag-drop if  “Sort by name” option is OFF under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options. Just touch and hold a record on the right side and drag it up or down to the place you want.

Edit item

To edit an item, e.g. set item price, quantity, etc. tap on the right side of a row to open Edit item screen.

Delete item

Shopping list Edit modeTo delete an item:

1. Long-tap item to bring up a context menu.
  2. Choose Delete.
  3. Your item is deleted.

Postpone item

If you decided not to buy an item during your shopping trip, you could postpone it until next checkout. Here’s the scenario:

1. Long-tap an item > Postpone
  2. The item is hidden from the list.
  3. Check other items > tap Checkout
  4. Postponed items will be placed on shopping list again.

You can use Sort and filter command in Side Menu to show All / Current or Postponed only.

Sort and filter

By default, items are grouped by aisles and are not sorted by name so you could reorder items manually. Default sort options are specified under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options.

If you would like to change default sort options, tap Side menu > Sort and filter > uncheck Use default sort options.

Move items to a different shopping list

To move an item to a different shopping list use the following steps:

1. Open Edit Item screen by clicking on the right of an item in shopping list.
  2. Click Shopping list property.
  3. Select shopping list you would like to move item to.
  4. The item is moved to a different shopping list.

Assign items to multiple stores

In order to assign items to multiple stores it will require a Master list, say “Groceries”, and a few sub-lists which would represent your stores, say “Whole Foods” and “Costco”. If you assign an item to Groceries, it will be listed under Groceries, Whole Foods and Costco. If you assign item directly to a store’s list, it will be listed under that store and under Master list e.g. Groceries.

Please see Manage shopping lists User’s Guide for more details on how to get your Master list configured.

177 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

1. Russell says:

Hi Alex,

Well done on a great app!

In reference to Jason and Liz’s comments, I remember having a great shopping app on my old Palm called HandyShopper. It allowed you to enter the price of each item for each store and would then highlight the fact that you could get this item cheaper at a different store if output it on the “wrong” shopping list. It was a great way of keeping track of what each item “should” cost.

Hope this helps.

Hi Russell, thank you so much for your feedback and clarifying the feature details.

I have just updated our plans page and moved Store and compare product price feature up. Hopefully it won’t take too long for this feature to become available in our app.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you again.

• Russell says:

Hi again!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have one minor problem that I can’t figure out. When I started using MG, the home screen showed a link to ‘Favourites’. Now it’s replaced this with a link to ‘Pick’, which I can’t change back. Any ideas?

Thanks.

No problem, Russell. I am glad you could find the solution.

2. Lynn S says:

Thank you for an awesome app. Would love a place to mark that an item has a coupon. Also, just as a side note, upon purchasing the full version, I uninstalled the lite version. In order to continue with the uninstall, I had to choose a reason for install and there wasn’t an option for “purchased full version.” Just a suggestion.

Hi Lynn, thank you for your feedback and supporting the coupon feature.

Kindly note that we have Coupon Indicator feature on our short-term plans. Hopefully, it will be available soon.

As to the reason of uninstall, I am totally with you on this one. However this sounds more like an improvement of Android Market app which in fact manages other app (like Mighty Grocery) installations on most of Android phones.

Let me thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you again.

3. Janetta Ellis says:

I am a massive coupon junkie. Is there a way you can add a line to the item and put in a coupon line? This way when I put the items in my cart with the coupon pprice I will know what I am paying before I get to the register.@

Hi Janetta, thank you for your feedback and supporting the coupon feature.

Kindly note that we have Coupon Indicator feature on our short-term plans. Besides an indicator there is going to be a way to adjust item price with the coupon. So hopefully the feature will cover your needs.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

4. Harold says:

First, let me say that Mighty Grocery Shopping is a true work of art. The UI is very easy, straight forward, and expertly designed. A couple of builds would be great. 1- As I check off an item, it would be nice that it falls to the bottom of the shopping list rather than having to continually scroll thru the entire list to make sure I haven’t forgotten anything. 2- Can/will I change background colors? Thanks

Harold, thank you so much for your feedback.

As to your #1, please try “Move cart items down” setting which would move items below the “Cart” heading in the list.

As to changing background colors, this is going to be available in Themes feature which is a part of our plans.

Looking forward to your further comments and suggestions.

5. Liz says:

I love this app.

Could a future release include a sanity check for the check out function? I find I keep hitting the button by accident.

6. alysia says:

The plus sign is missing from the
    current shopping list window. I was
    just adding new items and it
    disappeared.

Alysia, most likely the Add button has moved to the Sidebar after it was long-clicked. To get it back, open the Sidebar by clicking the rightmost button on the Toolbar and then long-click the Add button to get it back on the Toolbar.

Also, you may want to have a look at recently updated section “Toolbar & Sidebar” on this page (it was added to address your question).

7. Amy says:

Let me just say I LOVE THIS APP! Thank you! Thank you!

Also, “Mixed Vegetables, canned” is misspelled as “Vejetables”

:-)

Thank you, Amy. Pleasure to hear you like our shopping list.

Sorry for the misspelled words and thank you for pointing this out. Will get it fixed in next release.

8. Jason says:

Is there a way to change the currency?
    also could you add a feature to store product prices to shopping lists? Thanks

Hi, Jason. Thank you for the questions.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change currency at the moment, but we will be adding this feature soon.

As to product prices, could you please elaborate on how exactly you would like to store product prices? You can change item price like this. But I suspect you are asking about a different feature.

• Liz says:

+1 storing prices.

It would be helpful to have the last price entered to be attached to the item when next it’s picked. We still need to be able to update the price, but for budgeting it would be helpful to have a starting point.

Liz, are you suggesting to track history of item price changes or just to save the latest price for later use?

Kindly notice that there are some improvements with saving the latest price in Pick list. This has been introduced in latest Beta 8 update.

Looking forward to the details.

9. kym says:

Is there a way to customise or add an aisle name? Htc desire

Kym, aisle customization will be available in the next release which we plan for the week of Oct, 4.

It will be possible to reorder aisles, rename standard aisles, add custom aisles, hide aisles items for selected lists in search.

Thanks for your interest!
      Alex.