Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

Current shopping list is a key activity of Mighty Grocery. Typical usage scenario includes adding items, placing items in cart, checking out. It is also possible to open Item Details and change quantity and price.

Please make sure to see Getting Started Guide before moving on.

Add a new item

To add a new item:

1. Click Add button (Plus) on top of Shopping list screen.
  2. Start typing item.
  3. The app shows a list of existing items from product catalog which match your entry.
  4. Click on an item to add it to the shopping list.

If item does not exist on product catalog, just continue typing to enter the full item name and click Add button.

Edit mode

To activate Edit mode tap Lightning button. Tap the icon again to deactivate Edit mode.

In Edit mode you can quickly add items using Voice and Barcode scan. Also, you can change order of items using drag-drop if  “Sort by name” option is OFF under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options. Just touch and hold a record on the right side and drag it up or down to the place you want.

Edit item

To edit an item, e.g. set item price, quantity, etc. tap on the right side of a row to open Edit item screen.

Delete item

Shopping list Edit modeTo delete an item:

1. Long-tap item to bring up a context menu.
  2. Choose Delete.
  3. Your item is deleted.

Postpone item

If you decided not to buy an item during your shopping trip, you could postpone it until next checkout. Here’s the scenario:

1. Long-tap an item > Postpone
  2. The item is hidden from the list.
  3. Check other items > tap Checkout
  4. Postponed items will be placed on shopping list again.

You can use Sort and filter command in Side Menu to show All / Current or Postponed only.

Sort and filter

By default, items are grouped by aisles and are not sorted by name so you could reorder items manually. Default sort options are specified under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options.

If you would like to change default sort options, tap Side menu > Sort and filter > uncheck Use default sort options.

Move items to a different shopping list

To move an item to a different shopping list use the following steps:

1. Open Edit Item screen by clicking on the right of an item in shopping list.
  2. Click Shopping list property.
  3. Select shopping list you would like to move item to.
  4. The item is moved to a different shopping list.

Assign items to multiple stores

In order to assign items to multiple stores it will require a Master list, say “Groceries”, and a few sub-lists which would represent your stores, say “Whole Foods” and “Costco”. If you assign an item to Groceries, it will be listed under Groceries, Whole Foods and Costco. If you assign item directly to a store’s list, it will be listed under that store and under Master list e.g. Groceries.

Please see Manage shopping lists User’s Guide for more details on how to get your Master list configured.

177 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

1. Dotty Reynolds says:

Still learning how to use MGLite & need help! I select items from basic list and they go into my cart. However, when I check them off as “purchased” at the store they do not seem to go back to basic list!? I find them in history but how do I get them back to basic list. Don’t want to reconstruct basic list after each shopping trip!

Dotty, thanks for your question.

Kindly note that you need to add items to your shopping list before you go shopping. I’d recommend using Favorites feature so that you could easily choose from the items that you buy often. In Favorites, if you long-tap any item and choose Select All, all your favorite items will be transferred to your shopping list. Or you may want to add items from History.

2. Karen says:

Under settings I have the aisles arranged as I want them, but then in the actual list, they are out of order. I’ve used this app for months with no problem, and this has only happened for the first time today. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Karen

Hi Karen, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, it’s hard to guess the reason for the issue because the app should sort aisles in shopping list the same way it does in settings. May I ask you to create a backup and send your Account ID to hi@mightypocket.com so we could check our records? Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.

3. Osmar Silvestre de Morais says:

Hi,

I´m starting to use this application and I´d like to obtain subtotals by categories for a checkouted list. I´d like to reenter this subtotals in a desktop expense manager application (MS Money in this case) in order to split a spent value.

I see I could use the aisle as categories, but even I´d need a report summarized by aisle/category.

Is this it possible?

Hi, thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to group expenses by categories in Mighty Grocery. However, we may consider adding this feature in the future.

4. mike says:

Is there a chance you will update numbers “page” so that the decimal point button is with numbers and I don’t have to get into “sym” page to enter decimal in price?

5. Chasity says:

Can you update the app to allow for overages? Meaning, if you have an item that is on sale for $2. 00 and you put in a $3. 00 coupon it shows the total to be $0. 00 instead of the overage of -$1. 00. Thanks!

Hi Chasity, thanks for your suggestion.

Kindly note that Mighty Grocery allows negative prices, but it won’t allow overage if coupon is more than actual item price which is expected behavior. Unfortunately, we will need more people interested in this feature to get it implemented.

6. Kai says:

Hi Alex,
    I am doing something wrong in adding items to my database, because when I want to find them again, to add them to the current shopping list, they are being found.

When adding an item that I have scanned before, when I type the name, I would expect the add or search function to find this item and add it to the currently active list.
    However this does not happen.

I have items that have been scanned – they are not being found
    I have items that both have been scanned and are in the favorite list – they are not being found.

Only when I scan an item I have scanned before, does it get recognized.

I just don’t get it.
    What do I have to do to have items found easily so that they will be found when typing in their name?

Thanks
    Kai

• Kai says:

make that “not found”, in the first sentence.

Hi Kai, thanks for your question.

To create your database by scanning barcodes, I would recommend scanning items into My Picks: Menu –> Settings –> Pick list –> My Picks. All items listed under My Picks should be available when you add items in shopping list.

• Kai says:

Thanks for the feedback. My picks list is full of articles. I now know what the problem was.

When using the search function you offer an autocompletion in the search field.
        This led me to believe that the same would be true for adding an items which is, basically just another search.

However, when adding an item to your shopping list there is a list of items visible below the search field.
        (NOTE: I have no idea how that list is populated. The items corresponded loosley to starred items on the picks list, but not fully)
        If I want to add an item that list is then filtered with each letter, showing me what could fit to what I am typing.

However, if the item I wish to add is NOT on that list, the behavior is a different one.

As I type the list below cannot be filtered, since the article is not listed on that list, and so I have to hope that my text entry corresponds to a given article and then add the article “blind”, so to speak.
        If I am lucky, there will be a hit and the right article is added.
        If there are more than one article with that string contained, the results seems unpredictable.

I am hoping I have described the observerd behavior good enough.

What would be good to have:
        Whenever I type something in a text entry field for an article name, there should be suggestions visible from the entire database of articles that I have at my disposal.

7. Kathy says:

I’m sorry, I just figured it out, when I switch to the individual list for a store, it is then sorted by aisle! This app is awsome! As soon as I get a good handle on this, I am going to purchase the full version so I can share and coordinate the shopping list with family members.

8. Kathy says:

Thank you. I do have the aisles set up, but I use a master list as well as subs, but I would also like to use aisles also. I use the master list to initially assign an item, then move it to sublists depending upon sales. Perhaps I might need to switcc the master list off when shopping to have that better organized, then switch back afterwards.

9. Kathy says:

I am trying to learn how to use your app. Ihave entered my items and lists, but can’t figure out how to display aisle names on the list for shopping efficiently. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Kathy, thanks for your question. Please make sure that your items are assigned to appropriate aisle first. If you still don’t see aisle grouping, please see these suggestions to resolve the issue.

10. Michelle says:

This is a great app, but I’m wondering how to set another tax not the 13% that seems to be preset, thanks!