Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

Current shopping list is a key activity of Mighty Grocery. Typical usage scenario includes adding items, placing items in cart, checking out. It is also possible to open Item Details and change quantity and price.

Please make sure to see Getting Started Guide before moving on.

Add a new item

To add a new item:

1. Click Add button (Plus) on top of Shopping list screen.
  2. Start typing item.
  3. The app shows a list of existing items from product catalog which match your entry.
  4. Click on an item to add it to the shopping list.

If item does not exist on product catalog, just continue typing to enter the full item name and click Add button.

Edit mode

To activate Edit mode tap Lightning button. Tap the icon again to deactivate Edit mode.

In Edit mode you can quickly add items using Voice and Barcode scan. Also, you can change order of items using drag-drop if  “Sort by name” option is OFF under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options. Just touch and hold a record on the right side and drag it up or down to the place you want.

Edit item

To edit an item, e.g. set item price, quantity, etc. tap on the right side of a row to open Edit item screen.

Delete item

Shopping list Edit modeTo delete an item:

1. Long-tap item to bring up a context menu.
  2. Choose Delete.
  3. Your item is deleted.

Postpone item

If you decided not to buy an item during your shopping trip, you could postpone it until next checkout. Here’s the scenario:

1. Long-tap an item > Postpone
  2. The item is hidden from the list.
  3. Check other items > tap Checkout
  4. Postponed items will be placed on shopping list again.

You can use Sort and filter command in Side Menu to show All / Current or Postponed only.

Sort and filter

By default, items are grouped by aisles and are not sorted by name so you could reorder items manually. Default sort options are specified under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options.

If you would like to change default sort options, tap Side menu > Sort and filter > uncheck Use default sort options.

Move items to a different shopping list

To move an item to a different shopping list use the following steps:

1. Open Edit Item screen by clicking on the right of an item in shopping list.
  2. Click Shopping list property.
  3. Select shopping list you would like to move item to.
  4. The item is moved to a different shopping list.

Assign items to multiple stores

In order to assign items to multiple stores it will require a Master list, say “Groceries”, and a few sub-lists which would represent your stores, say “Whole Foods” and “Costco”. If you assign an item to Groceries, it will be listed under Groceries, Whole Foods and Costco. If you assign item directly to a store’s list, it will be listed under that store and under Master list e.g. Groceries.

Please see Manage shopping lists User’s Guide for more details on how to get your Master list configured.

177 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

1. Dave says:

This is one app I truly love, and use almost daily! One question though .. is there a way to enter quantity? Say I want to add 4 cans of Tomato Soup .. can I chafed the quantity for pricing?

2. Katie says:

I have the option to put items into categories clicked, yet it won’t put items into categories. it just males one huge list.

3. Bruce says:

Is there a way for the list order to be the same as my check-off order from the last visit to that store? That would be a huge time saver.

Other than that the app looks good.

Hi Bruce, thanks for your question.

Yes, just go to History, long-tap the record which corresponds to your last trip and select “Add to list”. You may also want to select items you’d like to add to your shopping list by expanding a group and tapping the items.

4. sue r says:

What are HOT DOGS listed as? No prob finding HOT DOG BUNS.
    TY,
    sue

5. Daniel Kempton says:

Just purchased the app and love what I see. Just have a couple of comments.

First, I am in Oregon. We have a 5cent deposit on all cans and bottles. It would be kinda nice if there was a way to add that. There is no sales tax in Oregon, and i did not see how to specify a fixed dollar amount in the tax field. There may be other situation where you need to add a fixed additional fee on top of any taxes, where this may come in handy.

Second, and maybe I am doing something wrong, I just find it combersome when having to specify that i want 2 of one item witbout having to edit the actual item itself, each time i make my shopping list.

Still give it 5 stars
    -Daniel

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for your feedback.

We are considering adding cans & bottles deposit feature. In the meantime you may want to try using Coupon field and put “minus 5 cent” fixed value.

As for changing item quantity quickly, I’d recommend using the Quick edit mode in the shopping list. “Quick edit” option is available on the sidebar of a shopping list.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any further questions.

6. caroline says:

Great app! But now When I send something to the cart the list goes back to the top instead of staying where I was on the list so I have to scroll back through to find my spot. It didn’t used to do this. Is there anyway to change it?

Hi Caroline, thanks for your feedback. Kindly note there were no changes to the app recently therefore I suspect there’s something in your phone which caused it. Has your phone received a software update recently? Also I’d recommend trying to reboot your phone. Thank you.

7. Go4a says:

Your application is so good.I really like to use it. I have a small problem … I hope you can help me. I really like the voice feature to add items … I do it in Russian. The problem is that the program does not recognize multiple products. Maybe you should add to the program settings the ability to determine the Conjunction “and” in other languages.

Hi there, thanks for contacting us and letting us know about the problem. Indeed, there is no way to add multiple shopping list items using voice in other languages. This fix is scheduled for the next update.

8. Tony says:

Maybe a simple enquiry. New to Mighty Grocery, I have set up a Master List as suggested (groceries) and link to 2 stores which works fine.

Question 1. Is there a way to delete an item from the current (store) list without deleting from the master list (and other linked lists.

Question 2. What is the signifigance of the yellow triangle on some list items.

Hi Tony, thanks for your question.

Kindly note that there is no way to keep item on master list without getting it listed under every sublist. However this may be possible later, when we allow assigning an item to multiple shopping lists.

As for yellow triangle, it is just an indicator that item has a comment.

9. Vince says:

Is there any way to compare prices before I shop? My iphone had a grocery app that stored prices by store which would allow me to remember which store had the best price for any specific ifem.

Hi Vince, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is no way to compare prices in MG yet. However, price compare feature is planned later this year.

• Nick says:

Kind of a show stopper for me. One of the things you have that a lot of the others are lacking is per unit pricing – however that’s semi-useless if it’s not kept by store. I’ll check the program out again when you’ve added that. BTW, the unit cost could use two more decimal places to keep the final cost more accurate – for example, I added 170 units for paper plates at $14.79 from CostCo. Unit price calced to .09, however that jumped up the final price. Maybe an option to always calc unit price but not affect final? The point is of course to have a good unit cost to quickly compare when I’m at the store (like per oz, per plate, etc). Anyway I like the app – few more tweaks and I’m sold.

Hi Nick, thank you for your feedback.

Kindly note that compare store prices feature is planned later this year. As for Unit price rounding, this is under consideration for now but it should be planned for implementation soon.

10. Prakash says:

Hi Alex,

I have an emergency!

Just returned from a shopping trip and need to add items to the List.

But the + (plus) button does not appear anymore. I tried some of the other functions such as Ingredients which also have an add item capability but the + button is not there either.

I thought I may be running low on internal phone storage so I created a backup and then moved MG to the SD card. No luck.

HELP!

Prakash

Prakash,

Kindly note that when you long-tap a toolbar button, it is moved to the Sidebar. Just tap the button in the top-right corner to open Sidebar and long-tap the Plus button to move it back to the toolbar.

For more details please see Getting started User’s Guide.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.