Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

Current shopping list is a key activity of Mighty Grocery. Typical usage scenario includes adding items, placing items in cart, checking out. It is also possible to open Item Details and change quantity and price.

Please make sure to see Getting Started Guide before moving on.

Add a new item

To add a new item:

1. Click Add button (Plus) on top of Shopping list screen.
  2. Start typing item.
  3. The app shows a list of existing items from product catalog which match your entry.
  4. Click on an item to add it to the shopping list.

If item does not exist on product catalog, just continue typing to enter the full item name and click Add button.

Edit mode

To activate Edit mode tap Lightning button. Tap the icon again to deactivate Edit mode.

In Edit mode you can quickly add items using Voice and Barcode scan. Also, you can change order of items using drag-drop if  “Sort by name” option is OFF under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options. Just touch and hold a record on the right side and drag it up or down to the place you want.

Edit item

To edit an item, e.g. set item price, quantity, etc. tap on the right side of a row to open Edit item screen.

Delete item

Shopping list Edit modeTo delete an item:

1. Long-tap item to bring up a context menu.
  2. Choose Delete.
  3. Your item is deleted.

Postpone item

If you decided not to buy an item during your shopping trip, you could postpone it until next checkout. Here’s the scenario:

1. Long-tap an item > Postpone
  2. The item is hidden from the list.
  3. Check other items > tap Checkout
  4. Postponed items will be placed on shopping list again.

You can use Sort and filter command in Side Menu to show All / Current or Postponed only.

Sort and filter

By default, items are grouped by aisles and are not sorted by name so you could reorder items manually. Default sort options are specified under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options.

If you would like to change default sort options, tap Side menu > Sort and filter > uncheck Use default sort options.

Move items to a different shopping list

To move an item to a different shopping list use the following steps:

1. Open Edit Item screen by clicking on the right of an item in shopping list.
  2. Click Shopping list property.
  3. Select shopping list you would like to move item to.
  4. The item is moved to a different shopping list.

Assign items to multiple stores

In order to assign items to multiple stores it will require a Master list, say “Groceries”, and a few sub-lists which would represent your stores, say “Whole Foods” and “Costco”. If you assign an item to Groceries, it will be listed under Groceries, Whole Foods and Costco. If you assign item directly to a store’s list, it will be listed under that store and under Master list e.g. Groceries.

Please see Manage shopping lists User’s Guide for more details on how to get your Master list configured.

177 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

1. Jan says:

I have Mighty Grocery for both my phone and my kindle fire. I’d like to be able to sync my kindle and get the shopping lists from the phone. Is this even possible?

2. Kris says:

When I delete items from a shopping list, it deletes it from the main list. I only want it to be removed from the shopping list as I decided not to purchase it this time. Is it possible to have it not be permanently removed?

Kris, kindly note that you could permanently keep items on the Pick list if you add them under Menu –> Settings –> Pick list –> My picks. Otherwise, you will need to checkout the item so it will be kept on Pick list.

3. denise says:

I would like to sort items by aisle not alphabeticly. Specificly how is this done? Thanks!!!!

Hi Denise, thanks for your question. Kindly note that items are grouped by aisles by default. If they are not, then you probably need to turn off the Master list setting of your shopping list or enable “Group by aisles” option under Menu –> Settings –> Options. Please see this Frequently asked question.

4. Martin Melville says:

I sometimes add items which I will never buy again and them have to go into the database to delete three item. Would it be possible to add a setting to automatically delete something once checked out?

This might be a repost – had a crash. If so, sorry.

Martin,

We may consider this improvement going forward. In the meantime you may want to try disabling “Automatic picks” option under Menu –> Settings –> Options. Once turned off, new items won’t be added to the product catalog in the app.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

5. James says:

Different stores have different prices for similar items, the same goes across multiple brands. Is there a way to set pricing differently for similar items such as “Farmers Market Peanut Butter” and “Whole Foods Peanut Butter” but keep it in the catalog just as “Peanut Butter”?

6. Bob Ellsworth says:

Would it be possible to change the order of items in a specific list rather than just alphabetical ?

Hi Bob, thanks for your question.

There are two options at the moment: sort alphabetically or group by aisles (which can be manually sorted). We may consider change order of individual items going forward.

7. George says:

Is it possible to add a category within a list? (e.g. “Spices”)

8. Dave says:

As a follow up to my previous post about copying data over from the Lite version (1.0) to my new Full version (1.1). I tried clearing all data, and it did take me back to that original screen where I could answer yes or no. When I choose No .. it would just shut down the application.

Hi Dave, thanks for your question.

Kindly note that you need to update your Lite version to the latest update v1.1 before the Full 1.1 could transfer your existing data.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

9. Ally says:

I was wondering its it possible to add an item to multiple lists.

Hi Ally, thanks for your question.

Kindly note that it is possible to add items with the same name to multiple lists, however those will be different records which allows you to set different price and quantities if items are unlinked. Please see Linked and isolated changes for more details.

10. amanda says:

I am just wondering if it is possible to change the names of the lists in this app?
    for instance I would like to rename walmart and call it Target,
    And I would like to rename kroger to stater bros. If this is
    Possible how do I do it?

Thanks,