Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

Current shopping list is a key activity of Mighty Grocery. Typical usage scenario includes adding items, placing items in cart, checking out. It is also possible to open Item Details and change quantity and price.

Please make sure to see Getting Started Guide before moving on.

Add a new item

To add a new item:

1. Click Add button (Plus) on top of Shopping list screen.
  2. Start typing item.
  3. The app shows a list of existing items from product catalog which match your entry.
  4. Click on an item to add it to the shopping list.

If item does not exist on product catalog, just continue typing to enter the full item name and click Add button.

Edit mode

To activate Edit mode tap Lightning button. Tap the icon again to deactivate Edit mode.

In Edit mode you can quickly add items using Voice and Barcode scan. Also, you can change order of items using drag-drop if  “Sort by name” option is OFF under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options. Just touch and hold a record on the right side and drag it up or down to the place you want.

Edit item

To edit an item, e.g. set item price, quantity, etc. tap on the right side of a row to open Edit item screen.

Delete item

Shopping list Edit modeTo delete an item:

1. Long-tap item to bring up a context menu.
  2. Choose Delete.
  3. Your item is deleted.

Postpone item

If you decided not to buy an item during your shopping trip, you could postpone it until next checkout. Here’s the scenario:

1. Long-tap an item > Postpone
  2. The item is hidden from the list.
  3. Check other items > tap Checkout
  4. Postponed items will be placed on shopping list again.

You can use Sort and filter command in Side Menu to show All / Current or Postponed only.

Sort and filter

By default, items are grouped by aisles and are not sorted by name so you could reorder items manually. Default sort options are specified under Menu > Settings > Options > Sort options.

If you would like to change default sort options, tap Side menu > Sort and filter > uncheck Use default sort options.

Move items to a different shopping list

To move an item to a different shopping list use the following steps:

1. Open Edit Item screen by clicking on the right of an item in shopping list.
  2. Click Shopping list property.
  3. Select shopping list you would like to move item to.
  4. The item is moved to a different shopping list.

Assign items to multiple stores

In order to assign items to multiple stores it will require a Master list, say “Groceries”, and a few sub-lists which would represent your stores, say “Whole Foods” and “Costco”. If you assign an item to Groceries, it will be listed under Groceries, Whole Foods and Costco. If you assign item directly to a store’s list, it will be listed under that store and under Master list e.g. Groceries.

Please see Manage shopping lists User’s Guide for more details on how to get your Master list configured.

177 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Current shopping list

1. Nancy Wheeler says:

Is there a way to easily change the list for a newly added item? When making out a specific grocery list (Mom’s Groceries) I need to add an item that I want to have available to other lists in the future. When I scan the bar code or manually enter the information, it automatically assigns the current list name. When I try to change it, the app only lets me move or copy to another list, not “all lists” which would make it available for picking from any list (like my personal grocery list).

It is so complicated to get out of the current list to add an item to the master list then have to go back into the current list and pick it. I want to be able to add it while making out my current list, but also have it available for future selection when making out my own list. Can you add “all lists” as a choice for Move to ?

Also, when adding a new item, can you put the option to choose the Aisle upon creation? It puts everything I add under “Other” and I have to manually go in change each item to the appropriate aisle.

Thanks!

Hi Nancy, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that when you add an item and then check it out, it will be placed in History and will be available for picking into other lists in the future. The other option is adding item under Menu > Settings > Pick list > My picks. In other words the app places an item in “All lists” automatically for you.

As for changing aisle, you might be interested in using “Details mode” option available under Menu > Settings > Options.

2. W Camilleri says:

I never use the checkout feature and sometimes I hit the Checkout icon by mistake resulting in all my checked items going to history. Then I have to bring them back to my active list! Is there any way to disable the Checkout feature or stop the Checkout icon from appearing on the screen?

Unfortunately, there is no way to hide the Checkout button, but you can enable “Long-tap checkout” under Menu –> Settings –> Options which prevents accidental taps on Checkout. Also, please remember that Menu –> Undo comes handy when you need to revert unwanted changes.

3. Diana says:

Love the app! Just one question. Say you changed your mind about an item on your list. Can you remove the item from the list without deleting it or adding it to the cart? I know you can by going into the pick list, but thought there may be a way from the list itself. Thanks!

4. Melissa cain says:

I have my list set to sort by aisles, however it keeps listing everything alphabetically and it’s driving me crazy!! how can I fix this??

5. Chris Worthy says:

Is there anyway I can get voice recognition to work when adding an item without a data connection?

6. Kay Curtis says:

Is there a way to delete items preloaded in the shopping list? Such things that I would never buy like a baseball cap, e.g.

Thanks for your reply.
    Kay

Hi Kay, thank you for your question. If you’d like to remove items shipped with the app, just go to Menu –> Settings –> Pick list –> Predefined catalog –> Actions –> Delete presets. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

7. david jimerson says:

Voice recognition is getting worse. It never understands soy milk no matter how carefully I say it. The word soy is a complete mystery
    It works fine with other applications.

Hi David, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, voice recognition is a feature of Android platform and is supported by Google. Hopefully things will return to normal eventually. Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

8. kelly says:

was wondering if there was a way for for to add more sub groups. example under meat can i make chicken,beef,pork.

Hi Kelly, thanks for your question. Unfortunately no, aisles cannot have sub-aisles. However you may want to use multiple words in aisle names such as “Meet. Chicken” & “Meet. Beef”.

9. katie says:

Does anyone know if I can add a store to make a list or change a name of a list already on there like instead of Costco it would say Sam’s club

10. Rebecca says:

I want to purchase the upgraded version because I love this app, but one thing is holding me back. Is there a way to add 2 discounts/ coupons to one item? For example, if I’m using both a manufacturer coupon and a store coupon on an item? Or, if it’s a BOGO discount but I’m also using coupons? I’ve found ways to force the correct balance but it keeps things from being nice and clear like it is on simple coupon items. I’m hoping there’s a way & I’m just missing it because it would make this the PERFECT app for me!!! :-)

Hi Rebecca, thanks a lot for your feedback. Unfortunately, multiple discounts are not supported at the moment. We plan to add this feature in the future, but it may take a while before it becomes available. Thank you!