Edit item screen enables modifications of item fields such as quantity, units, price, aisle, discount, etc. To open this screen, tap on the right side of the row in current shopping list.
Any change to item fields can be reverted by tapping Undo button which appears on top of the screen after any change is made, or from Menu > Undo.
Item details can be changed with voice by tapping microphone button on top of the screen and then saying changes to be made, for instance “3 pounds” or “4 dollars 75 cents”.
It is also possible to assign barcode by tapping Barcode button and scanning a product barcode.
Please note that by default all changes to item fields are automatically propagated to items with the same name. Please see Linked and Isolated changes section below for more details.
Changing quantity, units and price
- Tap on the right side of Qty/units area to choose measurement unit from configurable list. Or long-tap the same spot to enter any measurement unit as a plain text.
- Tap on the left side of Qty/units area to change item quantity.
- Tap increase/decrease buttons (above Qty/units area) to quickly adjust item quantity by configured increment. Long-tap increase or decrease button to set item-specific increment value.
- Tap unit price area to specify item price per unit. Total price will be calculated as Unit Price * Qty.
- Tap total price area to specify item total price. When you enter total price, unit price is calculated as Total price / Qty and then total price is re-evaluated to match Unit Price * Qty.
ATM option allows entering price without decimal point. I.e. instead of typing “1.23” you could just type “123”.
Note: Measurement Units can be configured in Units settings.
Move or Copy items to a different shopping list
To move an item to a different shopping list take the following steps:
- Open Edit item screen by clicking on the right of an item in shopping list.
- Tap Shopping list field.
- Select Move to or Copy to
- Select shopping list you would like to move item to. Or you can select multiple destination lists for copy.
- The item is moved or copied to a selected shopping list(s).
Coupon / Discount
Coupon indicator feature enables two things. First, it is possible to specify discount value as either percent or fixed amount and get item’s total price adjusted by the discount. Second, in shopping list, item will have an icon indicating if it has a coupon.
Here how it works:
- Tap Coupon / Discount field. Discount menu shows up.
- Choose discount type:
- Percent (unit price is reduced by given percent)
- Fixed amount (total price is reduced by coupon value)
- Amount per unit (unit price is reduced by coupon value)
- Sale price (unit price of item on sale)
- Simple indicator (just indicator, no discount amount)
- Buy 1 get X free
- Enter discount value when prompted.
- Tap Save.
- Now your item has a discount associated with it.
- When you tap Coupon / Discount field again, you will be offered to Set expiry date or Remove coupon.
If you’d like attach a photo to your item, just tap Photo button next to the comments field and choose Pick photo or Take photo. Pick photo allows you to select a photo from your photo gallery or from your SD Card. Take photo uses your handset’s camera to take a photo and then attach the photo to the item.
When a photo is attached to an item, tap the photo and you can View photo or do some changes. Pick photo or Take photo will replace existing photo with a new one. Clear photo removes the photo from the item.
NOTE: This is a Premium feature and it requires Mighty Grocery to be logged in to an account.
To see the history of item purchases, tap the Link button in the upper-left corner of the Edit Item Details screen and choose Price History.
Tax rate values are specified in Menu > Settings > Options > Regional settings > Tax rates. Total price of an item is updated to reflect selected tax rate.
You can also long-tap tax field to enter any specific tax value for this item or choose Edit option from the Tax value menu.
Choose Set as default to assign current tax value as default to all new items.
Linked and Isolated changes
By default, all items with the same name are linked and any changes in shopping list will propagate to Favorites and Pick list, also any changes in Favorites will propagate to Pick list. This means that any change to name, quantity, price, aisle are propagated to all items with the same name following this route: Shopping lists –> Favorites –> Pick list. Changes in Pick list won’t propagate to Favorites or Shopping lists.
In case you would like to unlink items to provide isolated changes, tap the Link button in the upper-left corner of Edit Item tab and choose Unlink.
Note: these are new propagation rules effective since Mighty Grocery v.1.1