Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Dashboard (Home screen)

Mighty Grocery dashboard displays a few customizable buttons which allow quick access to application features.

A Single tap on a button will navigate you to the selected screen. Tap Android icon to change Design theme or go to any tab of the app.

Information messages are displayed in the bottom of the screen. You can hide any message by tapping x on the right side, or you can long-tap the banner and choose Dismiss All.

Configure buttons to your taste

Just long-tap a button and select a page which you’d like to assign to the button. You can also Reset all customizations made to the buttons.

Options Menu

Clicking the phone’s Menu button will show Options Menu:

• Settings – opens settings screen.
  • Help – opens this page.
  • About – opens web page with information about application.

90 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Dashboard (Home screen)

1. nadja says:

This is a great app. For me the only thing that is missing is the option to calculate overages. If it is an option..I would love to know how. My main store does allow overages and it would be awesome if I could keep track of that w/ in the total.

Nadja, thanks so much for your feedback and your suggestion. We may consider supporting overages going forward. In the meantime you may want to add “Overages” item to your shopping list and set negative price so that shopping list total would match your receipt.

Please let me know if you have any following comments.

2. Helen says:

Is there a way to add categories? In other words so I don’t have a large list of things showing up under the category of “other” but grouped in categories that aren’t already in the program so like-items can be together? For instance things I add that aren’t already in the program like sliced turkey to show up under lunch meats category. Thanks.

3. Sean D. says:

Is there anyway to have the option to use multiple coupons. Right now it seems to only let you use one. There some stores that allow customers to use its coupon plus a manufacturer coupon. Thanks, love the app

Hi Sean, thank you for your feedback and your question.

Unfortunately, multiple coupons feature is not supported yet, but there is a plan to improve coupon feature later this year. Hopefully, multiple coupons will be supported by that improvement.

4. Matthew Henry says:

Is it possible to configure the app to skip the home screen?
    I’d like to automatically go to my grocery list when I start the app. I never use any of the functionality on the home screen, I just want my list.

5. Christiane says:

After upgradeing to the new version my widget link disappeared. I had the shopping list as a widget on the screen and now it won’t show up anymore. No more widget. What happened?

Hi Christiane, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that there is a bunch discussions on the Internet like this suggesting that widgets & icons may randomly disappear if application is moved to SD card.

You may want to try to reboot your phone, reinstall widget, or move the app back to phone memory from SD card to fix the issue.

6. Karen says:

Correct me If I’m, but in terms of Becka’s Question; I struggled similarly and I wondered if after my initial shopping trips, my stores and histories could populate my Master list, from which all products are pulled from and/or to my personal favorite products-by store. Does that make sense?
    Next trip I should be able to pull up my standard Pete’s Foods, ex. then delete things I don’t need today, and add items from my System Products or from another list even, at option, so I don’t have to populate all product fields again. Am I way off track?

• Karen says:

Sorry about my typos – I meant to day Standard Product List, Not System Products! The other you can figure out I hope.

Hi Karen, thank you for your question.

From your comment on the other page it seems like you could figure out the answer to your question. Just in case someone will have the same question, I would recommend seeing “List-specific Favorites” section in Manage shopping lists User’s Guide.

Adding items to favorites list from history is similar to adding items to any shopping list: you just need to choose destination list on top of History screen.

Please let me know if you still have any questions and I will be glad to help.

7. meisha says:

Alex, wow! Your sincere & professional responses to these questions is great! I’m looking forward to using this, especially after seeing how great you are!

Hi Meisha, thank you so much for your feedback. It’s my pleasure to be helpful so please feel free to get in touch with any comments, questions or suggestions.

8. mike Hawkins says:

only thing other than the web ui, i would like to see is an EXIT in the “menu” instead of backing though everything.

Hi Mike, thank you for the suggestion.

We may be considering adding “Exit” command, but it’s natural for Android apps to have no explicit button to quit. Android OS is very good at managing memory and phone resources, so any app left in background will be unloaded by OS automatically when other apps require more memory.

9. Georgia says:

Ever since I updated this program everything I enter shows up 3 times. Very annoying.

Hi Georgia, thank you for your feedback and sorry for inconvenience.

Kindly note that due to a tiny glitch in aisle configuration, items may be displayed multiple times if several aisles reference the same parent aisle or if aisles are duplicated. I would recommend the following steps:
      1. Activate Group by aisles option in Menu –> Settings –> Options (if not activated)
      2. In your shopping list take a note of aisles which contain duplicated items.
      3. Go to Menu –> Settings –> Aisles
      4. Find aisles noted in #2
      5. Make sure the aisles have different parent aisle.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

10. Becka says:

Perhaps I missed it but how do I move checked-out items back to main list?

Hi Becka, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that there are several options to move checked-out items back to shopping list.

First, if items have been moved out the list by accident, you can undo this by clicking phone Menu button –> Undo under your shopping list.

Second, you may want to go to History (scroll the Tab bar until you see History tab and tap it), then scroll and tap your receipt to expand purchased item, and then tap items you want to be added to your shopping list. Please make sure that destination shopping list is selected on top of History screen.

Finally, if you want to add all items from a previous purchase, go to History as explained above, long-tap the receipt record and choose “Add to list”.

Hopefully, this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.