Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Manage shopping lists (All lists)

All lists tab allows creating any number of shopping lists, change list names, select current list, open a list for shopping.

You may want to name a list after a store like “Whole Foods” or “Costco” to track products you want to buy within a specific store.

You can re-order records manually if you switch to Edit mode (lightning button), then touch dragging icon and move record to the place you want.

Add shopping list (store)

To add a shopping list:

1. Open All lists tab
  2. Click add button (green plus)
  3. Provide a name for the new list
  4. Click Save button
  5. The new shopping list will get created

Edit shopping list (store)

To edit a shopping list:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Tap on the right side of a row which you would like to modify.
  3. Make changes in Edit list screen.
  4. Tap Done to close Edit list screen.

Delete shopping list (store)

To delete a shopping list:

1. Navigate to All lists tab.
  2. Long click the list you want to delete.
  3. Select Delete from the list of options.
  4. The shopping list and all its items will be deleted.

Note: if you need to rollback changes, click Menu –> Undo.

List-specific Favorites

If you would like to configure a specific set of items for a shopping list, for instance if you buy some items from a certain shop only, take to following steps:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Click (>) next to the list you want to configure specific favorites for.
  3. Click on List-specific Favorites to make sure it is checked.
  4. Go to Favorites tab by clicking Favorites.
  5. Populate favorites list with specific items for this list.

From now on, the Favorites tab for this shopping list will contain only items you have chosen.

Super-lists

Super-lists allow grouping several shopping lists into a single listing. The most common use is to have a shopping list, say “Groceries”, to aggregate items from shopping lists associated with stores like “Loblaws” or “Whole Foods”.

To set up a super-list take the following steps:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Click (>) next to the list you want to configure as Super-list.
  3. Click Super-list to make sure it is checked.
  4. Click on Sublists and check sublists you would like to include into this super-list.

From now on, List tab for Groceries will display items from enclosed lists grouped by list names.

Related considerations:

1. If item is assigned to a Super list, it will be displayed in every sublist.
  2. Items in master list are grouped by sublists. Aisle grouping won’t take affect.
  3. A shopping list may be enclosed in several Super-lists.
  4. Super-list cannot be sublist of another Super-list.

170 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Manage shopping lists (All lists)

1. Deb says:

I am currently using the Lite version to try it out and love it so far! I am trying to create a sublist. Is it possible to add a store name to the list or is that only possible with the full version?

Hi Deb, thank you for your feedback and your question.

Kindly note that if you want a list for a specific store, you could just create a shopping list and give it a name of a store. Also, you may want to consider adding a sublists to your Master list so that you could have master listing which combines all sublists.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

• Deb says:

Thank you. I had failed to first create my specific store. Now I have another question. Even though I have my aisles listed in the correct order and have checked the box to have the list appear in order by aisle, the items in my list are not in the correct aisle order. How can I fix this?

Deb, kindly note that there may be a few aisle configurations in your app. First is “Any list” configuration which is used for any store unless the store has customized aisles. Second, are ” store-specific aisle configurations. To see if your list has customized aisles, just go to Menu –> Settings –> Aisles –> tap list selector on the top –> Choose your list. Once you activated your list, you may want to change order of aisles or Reset configuration so that your shopping list would use Any list configuration.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

• Deb says:

I did customize the aisles in my store list, but the list is still in the wrong order. I even checked off each item and “checked out” and re-entered all of the items to see if that would fix it, but it did not. Also, I can’t seem to find those items in a pick list. I had to type them all in again and it did not offer suggestions for items as I was typing them. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for your prompt replies!

• Deb says:

Okay, I think I fixed it. I went in and edited the aisles for the items that were in the wrong order even though the aisle name was right. At first they moved under a different aisle heading but once I did them all, it seemed to fix itself :) Still not sure about the pick list though.

2. Karen says:

Just downloaded this and I think it will work for me but still a bit confused about the master and sublist issue.
    If Walmart carries an item I need, I usually buy it there…one stop shopping. So I’d like to have a master list with all the things I usually buy, both from the pick list and customized items as well. Then I could keep a new running list every week, choosing items from my master list, and adding new customized items as needed.
    How do I “copy” items from one list to another? And can that be done without “cutting” (deleting) the item from the master list?
    You may have already explained this, but I’m just not getting it.
    Thanks for your help!
    Karen

• Karen says:

Oops. I have a follow up question to the above regarding master list and “running” list. Is there a way to automatically copy aisle configuration from one list to another?
      Thanks again,
      Karen

Yes, it is possible to copy aisles from another list. Just open the list you want to copy aisles to and then tap Menu –> Copy from… –> select source list –> select aisles to copy.

On the other hand, if several stores share the same aisle configuration, you may want to Reset aisle configuration so that these lists would use “Any list” configuration.

Karen, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that Master lists allows grouping several shopping lists into single listing. If you want to quickly add items which you usually buy, you may want to consider Favorites and List-specific favorites features.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

3. Jessie says:

Hello,

I searched all over the Android market for a nice grocery app, and I came across your app. I think I really like it so far, but I only have the Lite version thus far. I was wondering if there was a way when I look at ALL the lists if I could see the total I plan to spend at all the stores together, that way I don’t have to go to each list to try to add it all up. I thought I selected something in the options menu, but I don’t think I did it right.

As a member of a coupon club, I appreciate the coupon indicator, but it would be nice in future updates to allow a feature to add how many coupons you have and whether or not it will double. For instance, if Purex was on sale for $2.50, and I had 10 coupons for $1.00 off one bottle and all of those coupons doubled, it would mean I would save $20.00, but I would know that I had 10 coupons for $1.00 each that would double to $20.00 instead of having to add all of the coupons up to figure out the discount by myself. This would allow me to make sure I use the coupons I intend to. Perhaps this could be a setting to switch ON instead of having it a normal feature for those who aren’t extreme couponers (again, just a suggestion, and not a necessity… it just takes a little bit longer to add stuff into my lists if I have to add everything up all together).

Again, I really like this app. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the coupon indicator! It makes things so much easier to make sure I know which items do have coupons :) I also like that the lists are fully customizable. this will make my trips at the grocery store so much faster!! Thanks! Once I get the hang of this, I will spread the word to my fellow coupon club to have them download this :)

• Jessie says:

Ok, I found out how to do the total price thing, which is nice! I should’ve paid more attention to the user guide. Sorry about that! I finally got the hang of the Master Lists… that is what didn’t make sense to me at first.

Hello Jessie, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions. Also you did a great job finding the answer to your question. Respect!

As to your suggestion, we are going to introduce improvements to coupon feature later this year, therefore I appreciate your sharing details with us so we could consider to include them in the list of improvements.

4. André says:

Hello.I’m using the full version of this app.All the lists go automatically in an alphabetic order.I want my own list,how I go through the supermarket.How can I change it?I can’t find it.

5. Kevin says:

Love this app. Currently just using the light version to get the feel of the application. When I was shopping, tapping (checking off) each item from whatever store I in presently, I hit the checkout button, and I’m not sure what happened or what was supposed to happen. I think it tallied up my est. cost of the items I chose. Not sure exactly how to use the checkout and still keep my list for that store in tact. Each shopping adventure, am I supposed to just retype (with the help of autolist ) each item I would want from that store? Can one item be switched to another store?

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for your feedback and your question.

Kindly note that when you tap Checkout button under your shopping list, all crossed-out items will be moved to History. There are several options I would recommend considering for your convenience of adding items:
      1) Please see “List-specific favorites” section in Manage shopping lists User’s Guide.
      2) Pick list which allows quick access to all your items grouped by aisles and adding of items to you shopping list with a single tap.
      3) Add items from History by tapping an item or long-tapping receipt header and selecting “Add to list” command from popup menu.

Please see “Move items to a different shopping list” section in Edit item details User’s Guide for more details on how to switch item to a different store.

6. Mike says:

Very versatile app! Just configuring it for our (UK) shops.
    One suggestion is for adding last-minute items to a list by SMS.
    Example scenario – I’m out shopping, and my wife remembers something that’s not on the list. She can just send an SMS to my phone with e.g. “{Code word}:Potatoes; Beans”, and they will be added to the list (with perhaps some indication on the current screen that something’s been added).

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestion.

Kindly note that “Import from SMS” is one of the feature under consideration in our plans. And your vote may help the feature get into app sooner.

7. Jim says:

Just downloaded the app and plan to use it in a few minutes. For future shopping excursions, how do I change the quantities? Also I usually sort my paper list according to which direction I go in the store (normally the same way). Is there a way to arrange the list as I approach the items in my “route”?

Thanks it looks like a great app and probably my first app that I will purchase for my Droid Incredible.

Jim

Hi Jim, thank you so much for your feedback and your questions.

There are two options to change quantities. First, is changing quantity on Edit Item Details screen. To get there, just click on the rightmost side of an item. Second is switching to Quick edit mode in shopping list and adjust quantities using +/- buttons. Details about some features of shopping lists are in Current Shopping List User’s Guide.

How to arrange aisles in the order you prefer, please have a look at Manage Aisles User’s Guide. In short, you need to go to Aisles tab, switch to Edit mode and drag/drop aisle handles on the left.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again.

8. Oliver says:

Hi Alex,

thank you for this great App! After finding that items, aisles, lists and even units can be localized (to German, in my case) I immediately upgraded to the full version! Great concept! Now I’m looking forward to WebUI, list synching, other skins for the app – that denim theme just isn’t my style, sorry… – and especially for customizable font sizes. The app displays itself rather huge on a high res screen (Samsung “Galaxy S”, a.k.a. “Vibrant” in your part of the world). I’d love to shrink the lines and buttons… 😉

However, I still don’t get the concept of a “master list”. As I understand it, I can aggregate, say, four lists into one master list, so I basically have a summary of those lists displayed in one convenient place? What is that feature good for?
    I’d rather have a different kind of master list: I would add all items I need to this master list, and later when shopping I select the list for the store I’m in and only those items from the master list this store carries are shown in the store’s shopping list. OK, to make it clearer I’ll try an example:

I need batteries (available at BestBuy, Walmart and Home Depot), lettuce (WholeFoods and Walmart) and screws (Walmart and Home Depot). So I put all three items on my master list (I might have called it “Necessities”…) and then I go shopping. When at Walmart I select the list “Walmart” and all three items show up. At Home Depot only batteries and screws are visible (since they don’t have lettuce) and at BestBuy I only see batteries (they don’t have neither screws nor lettuce).
    Is it possible in the current version to get this functionality?

By the way: I highly admire how thoroughly you respond to your clients’ feedback and requests and I’m baffled by your speed of including new features and solving bugs! Keep up the good work and the app will be a killer!!!

Hi Oliver, thank you so much for your feedback. Really appreciate it.

Speaking of Master list feature as it’s implemented now, you are absolutely correct saying that its main purpose is to aggregate several lists and observe them as a single listing. Most people would use it by aggregating several food stores under Groceries master list. Usually they would buy some products from Store 1 and others from Store 2. But if Store 1 announced a sale for some products, master list offers a convenient way to see if those products are listed on Store 2 shopping list. Evidently, there are other uses of this feature but I guess this is the common one.

Per your suggestion, I agree it would be great if the app would work as you describe. However it may take long to put in all references between stores and products manually. So I guess we will be re-considering this idea once we integrate with stores and can associate products with stores automatically.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope it won’t take too long before the features your are waiting for become available. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

• adam says:

I like where Oliver was going with the master lists. My issue is very similar. I don’t see too much use with just adding lists together, they might as well be on one list. How I want my master list is to display the sub-list but not the other way around. So Walmart is my master and grocery is my sub. I can buy my groceries at walmart but can’t buy (for example) movies or clothes at my grocery store. I can set this up using 2 subs and an empty master but that’s extra work and confusion switching between the 3 when adding or shopping

Adam, thank you for sharing your opinion.

Using your example, may I suggest creating two master lists “Groceries” and “Clothes”, then add Walmart as sublist to both of them and you local grocery store to “Groceries” only. This way, when you select “Walmart” it will show you items assigned to Groceries and Clothes, but will show only items from Groceries for your local store. Do you think this may work?

• Julie says:

I’d also like an easy way to be able to hsve a single item associated with multiple stores. Handyshpr (not Handy Shopper) on Windoes Mobile achieved this by having a “stores” tab for each item, which listed all the stores, with a checkbox for each store. Simply place a check for each store that stocks the item.

Hi Julie, thank you for your feedback and suggestion.

Kindly note that assigning item to multiple stores is under consideration in our plans.

In a meantime you may want to try Master lists to have an item listed under several stores. To make use of this approach it will require a master list, say “Groceries”, and a few sublists with your stores e.g. “Whole Foods”, “Costco”, etc. In such a configuration any item assigned to Groceries list, will be listed under every sublist for your convenience. Please see User’s Guide sections on this page above.

9. Marsha says:

Just loaded this app. Will let you know how I like it

10. Pingback: Mighty Grocery Guide | Mighty Pocket