Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Manage shopping lists (All lists)

All lists tab allows creating any number of shopping lists, change list names, select current list, open a list for shopping.

You may want to name a list after a store like “Whole Foods” or “Costco” to track products you want to buy within a specific store.

You can re-order records manually if you switch to Edit mode (lightning button), then touch dragging icon and move record to the place you want.

Add shopping list (store)

To add a shopping list:

1. Open All lists tab
  2. Click add button (green plus)
  3. Provide a name for the new list
  4. Click Save button
  5. The new shopping list will get created

Edit shopping list (store)

To edit a shopping list:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Tap on the right side of a row which you would like to modify.
  3. Make changes in Edit list screen.
  4. Tap Done to close Edit list screen.

Delete shopping list (store)

To delete a shopping list:

1. Navigate to All lists tab.
  2. Long click the list you want to delete.
  3. Select Delete from the list of options.
  4. The shopping list and all its items will be deleted.

Note: if you need to rollback changes, click Menu –> Undo.

List-specific Favorites

If you would like to configure a specific set of items for a shopping list, for instance if you buy some items from a certain shop only, take to following steps:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Click (>) next to the list you want to configure specific favorites for.
  3. Click on List-specific Favorites to make sure it is checked.
  4. Go to Favorites tab by clicking Favorites.
  5. Populate favorites list with specific items for this list.

From now on, the Favorites tab for this shopping list will contain only items you have chosen.

Super-lists

Super-lists allow grouping several shopping lists into a single listing. The most common use is to have a shopping list, say “Groceries”, to aggregate items from shopping lists associated with stores like “Loblaws” or “Whole Foods”.

To set up a super-list take the following steps:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Click (>) next to the list you want to configure as Super-list.
  3. Click Super-list to make sure it is checked.
  4. Click on Sublists and check sublists you would like to include into this super-list.

From now on, List tab for Groceries will display items from enclosed lists grouped by list names.

Related considerations:

1. If item is assigned to a Super list, it will be displayed in every sublist.
  2. Items in master list are grouped by sublists. Aisle grouping won’t take affect.
  3. A shopping list may be enclosed in several Super-lists.
  4. Super-list cannot be sublist of another Super-list.

170 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Manage shopping lists (All lists)

1. angel says:

I just need to comment that I really like this app & could not be happier about the thorough answers to help requests. Thanks!

2. Paul says:

Really wonderful app — great job! I have a quick question about Master lists. I understand that everything I enter into a Master list (say, “Groceries”) will appear on any of its sublists (say, “Costco”). What I just noticed was that items I am entering into my “Costco” sublist end up on my Groceries Master list — which is not necessarily something I want. (If, for instance, I want to buy a flat-screen TV)

Is there a setting that I changed to make this happen — can it be fixed?

Thanks!!

Hi Paul, thanks so much for your feedback and your question.

Kindly note that adding item to a sublist will show that item on Master list and vice versa. Perhaps it will be possible later, when we allow assigning an item to multiple shopping lists.

• Paul says:

Thanks — it’s probably best to keep it simple anyway! Is it possible to have items entered specifically into a Master List come FIRST — before, that is, items that have been entered into one of the sublists? As it is, when I pull up the Groceries master list, the items are listed in alphabetical order of the lists. So Costco items appear before Groceries items.

Paul, unfortunately, Mighty Grocery lists all items alphabetically grouped by sublists in a Master list. We may consider changing sort order in the future.

3. Sonnenblume says:

This is probably a dumb question, but what does the shopping bag icon mean (shown next to ‘Groceries’ in the screen shot at the top)?

Thanks,
    Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume, the bag next to a shopping list means that this is the current shopping list. If you switch to the List tab, items from the current list will be displayed.

4. judith says:

I assumed this app would have the function of making a master list of groceries you usually buy, then being able to check off items you need for a shopping trip and moving those items to another list. I cannot find this function. Is it available?

5. Bill says:

I’m hoping you can address this problem. As you may be aware, there are two types of Walmart stores, the old-style general merchandise stores and the new (used to be rural only) super stores (which also sell groceries). The Walmart closest to me is of the general merchandise variety. I have set up a master list called “Walmart Super” which has two subs, “Walmart Foods” and “Walmart General Merchandise”. What I do is put all non-grocery items on the general merchandise list and all foods on the the food list. That way if I’m at the the non-food store I can use the general merchandise list for shopping. If at the superstore I can use the Walmart Super master list for both my food and general merchandise needs. This works very well for me, but with one problem. If I am checking out at the superstore, using the master list, I see the correct total amount at the bottom of the screen next to the checkout button, regardless of which sub-list the item was actually entered on, which is exactly what I want. However, when I actually long-tap the checkout button the totals shown for confirmation zero (unless an item was actually entered in the master list, in which case only that item’s amount is shown). As our super stores use the same checkout lanes for all merchandise, including groceries, it is impossible to come up with a total in Mighty Grocery to check against the total displayed on the store cash register. Is there a solution?

Bill, thanks so much for your detailed description of the issue. There is a tiny bug in the app which is scheduled to be resolved soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for the heads-up.

6. Elissa Macklin says:

I purchased Mighty Grocery and am having great difficulty using it. For instance: I assigned Groceries as the Master List – when assigning sublists, not all my lists (stores) appear in the drop down. Second: My favorites are appearing in the wrong list (that is, wrong store) – how do I move them without having to delete and re-enter?

Hi Elissa, thank you for your question.

Kindly note that a list won’t appear in sub-lists drop-down if it has “Master list” setting ON. Please make sure to turn OFF the “Master list” setting for all the stores you’d like to see as sublists.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to move items between favorites list. However, please make sure that “List-specific favorites” option is ON for the lists which need their own set of favorites. If this option is OFF, the list will use a default Favorites list.

7. John H says:

Alex,

Have you ever given any thought to have comments that are inserted into items on the shopping list not show up in the favorites? Sometimes I add a brand name that is on sale to an item in my shopping list but then it shows up on that item in the favorites and remains there until i edit it out.

Thanks,
    John

Hi John, thanks for your comment.

Kindly note that if you don’t want your comment to be copied to Favorites, you could unlink your items by clicking the button in the upper-left corner under Edit item tab. Please see Linked and Isolated changes section in User’s Guide.

8. Doro says:

Hi,

I really would like to be able to group my master shopping list by aisle, not (only) by sublists. Is that possible?
    E.g.: If I go to a big supermarket which has all the groceries I usally buy in several shops and select my master list groceries I can not have the items grouped by aisle which makes it more complicated to walk through the market.
    Shifting all items to a separate sublist before shopping does not seem to be very convenient either. THANKS!

Hi, thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, grouping master list items by aisles is not possible in Mighty Grocery. Given that all stores have different layouts, it’s unclear which aisle configuration should be used to group items under master list.

9. Phil Herman says:

Have been a successful, happy user for several months. However, have run into a problem with a specific product, (Bacon) I can’t correct. I have entered “Bacon” as an product on my Groceries List screen with it’s Aisle set to “085-Bacon & Sausage”. I can purchase Bacon and it shows up on History but will not go into the Pick List under “085-Bacon & Sausage” (or anywhere else in my Pick List). The option is set to add products from Lists and History into Pick Lists. Several other items show up in “085-Bacon and Sausage” on my Pick List, just not Bacon! I can successfully add new items and they subsequently show up on the desired Aisle in my Pick List. Bacon shows up when I do a search, it’s Aisle is correct and its Shopping List is set to Groceries (like all the other items that do work properly). How can I get Bacon to work like the all the other Items?

Hi Phil, thank you for your question.

Could you please check if the following option is ON for “Bacon”? Under Edit item tab, scroll down and check the option “Show in Pick list and Search”. It should be ON in order to be displayed under Pick list.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

10. Grace says:

Can I change the order of the ailes in my stores?