Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Manage shopping lists (All lists)

All lists tab allows creating any number of shopping lists, change list names, select current list, open a list for shopping.

You may want to name a list after a store like “Whole Foods” or “Costco” to track products you want to buy within a specific store.

You can re-order records manually if you switch to Edit mode (lightning button), then touch dragging icon and move record to the place you want.

Add shopping list (store)

To add a shopping list:

1. Open All lists tab
  2. Click add button (green plus)
  3. Provide a name for the new list
  4. Click Save button
  5. The new shopping list will get created

Edit shopping list (store)

To edit a shopping list:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Tap on the right side of a row which you would like to modify.
  3. Make changes in Edit list screen.
  4. Tap Done to close Edit list screen.

Delete shopping list (store)

To delete a shopping list:

1. Navigate to All lists tab.
  2. Long click the list you want to delete.
  3. Select Delete from the list of options.
  4. The shopping list and all its items will be deleted.

Note: if you need to rollback changes, click Menu –> Undo.

List-specific Favorites

If you would like to configure a specific set of items for a shopping list, for instance if you buy some items from a certain shop only, take to following steps:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Click (>) next to the list you want to configure specific favorites for.
  3. Click on List-specific Favorites to make sure it is checked.
  4. Go to Favorites tab by clicking Favorites.
  5. Populate favorites list with specific items for this list.

From now on, the Favorites tab for this shopping list will contain only items you have chosen.

Super-lists

Super-lists allow grouping several shopping lists into a single listing. The most common use is to have a shopping list, say “Groceries”, to aggregate items from shopping lists associated with stores like “Loblaws” or “Whole Foods”.

To set up a super-list take the following steps:

1. Open All lists tab.
  2. Click (>) next to the list you want to configure as Super-list.
  3. Click Super-list to make sure it is checked.
  4. Click on Sublists and check sublists you would like to include into this super-list.

From now on, List tab for Groceries will display items from enclosed lists grouped by list names.

Related considerations:

1. If item is assigned to a Super list, it will be displayed in every sublist.
  2. Items in master list are grouped by sublists. Aisle grouping won’t take affect.
  3. A shopping list may be enclosed in several Super-lists.
  4. Super-list cannot be sublist of another Super-list.

170 Responses to Mighty Grocery Shopping List: Manage shopping lists (All lists)

1. patll says:

I have the pro 3.1 and some strange things that I can’t figure out.

List specific items show up in other lists:
    Let say costco store has specific item, I use the costco\favs usually to create. I check the “show in pick and list”, I chk the star listed, in shopping list field field there is a star, costco, +1. (1. I don’t really know how the +1 gets there, I mean I know from the field item selecting how many store it would be in)(but I’ve never used that, so how does the other stores get checked?)

It is specific to costco because the item number is there, etc. So why does it show up in other lists, I, as stated above, never checked it off for other stores.

The “+1″ in favorites means that the item is present on your other list such as shopping list or pantry. If you tap the List field you can see a checkbox next to the list the item is in.

2. Dorothy says:

I wish that todo lists could specify a master list like you can with grocery lists. I.e. you could have a master list called todo, then sub lists Monday, Tuesday,…. When you view the todo list you would see all to do items for the week. Hopefully this would not be hard to implement if you could reuse the code from the grocery list section.

It would also be nice if you could edit the list order. Other lists allow it like recipe lists.

One last WAY OUT THERE wish list item. It would be so great to be able to post menus to a calendar (Google or ical) so family members can see it without having to go into MG.

Love this app. LOVE the menu planner and how easy it is to create your grocery list as you plan your menu. Love the pantry lists too.

Thanks for this great app.

Dorothy, thanks so much for your feedback. We will consider your suggestions going forward. As for list sorting, do you mean sorting sub-lists within super lists (former master lists)? It is possible to re-order lists under All lists section.

3. Marianne Shipman says:

I Just Looked At My “To Do” List, To chec Off Some Things I Got Done. The List Is Empty. DoTheThings You Put On The List Only Stay There A Couple Days? Or Am I Doing Something Wrong? Thank You. The App Is Great Though.

Marianne, thanks for contacting us. The items on the ToDo list should stay as long as you want. They should not disappear unless you delete them or choose “Delete completed” after you tap Side Menu button. Could it be that you created multiple ToDo lists and then switched between them?

• Marianne Shipman says:

ThankYou. More Than Likely I SomehowDeleted It. I’ll Keep A Close eye On That. This Is A Great App And You Guys Are Doing A Great Job. ThanK You.

Marianne, thanks a lot for your feedback! Feel free to contact us again with any questions or comments.

4. Leigh says:

I just purchased the full version, read through the User Guide and comments, and began in-putting my items. I created three separate shopping lists in “all lists” for the stores I use regularly; and then went to the “favorites” tab to create a complete list to use to pull my weekly list from, as suggested. However, I noticed that I am getting duplicates of some items in my lists. For example, I added bird seed to my favorites and then added some details including what shopping lists I wanted it to appear in. Later, when I looked at one of my specific shopping lists, the item was there twice and no longer had the aisle name I had previously assigned to it. I went back to check my favorites and everything was correct there, and was only listed once. What am I doing to cause this duplication? Thank you for your help.

Hi Leigh, thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, it’s hard to say what exactly is causing duplication. Just be aware that item is uniquely identified by Name + Details, and the app may also add new record to shopping list if units do not match.

Please contact us at hi@mightypocket.com if you need further assistance.

5. mary kees says:

Dear Alex,
    I LOVE this app! Two ?’s or you.
    1. I am using this app on a Acer tablet, are there any concerns I should have by not using a smart phone?

2. I read ALOT. I yet my books by reserving them at my library and I keep a list of ones read and those still due in. Can I use this app for that? When I receive a book I would tap it and would it go into history. But would all those hundreds of books go on my other shopping lists. FYI I am using the to do list for something already.

Mary Kees
    Virgin Mighty Grocery Shopping user

Hi Mary, I appreciate your feedback.

1. The app should be fine on any Android device with Android OS 2.3+.

2. Don’t see any reason why the app won’t work for tracking books. Just try on a subset of 5-8 books to see if you get an expected behavior.

6. Deborah Meyer says:

Hi! I, too, have tried more shopping apps than I can count. I am excited with this one as it is and for the changes you have planned. I am a Beta tester and am anxious to get really deep into the app. I have a couple of questions: are you planning on integrating with the store ad coupon search for best price service currently approximately $20 per month, I’m sorry the name slips my mind, and also do the items I buy and mark off my grocery list automatically add to my pantry? Thank you so much for a very intuitive app! Debbie

Hi Debbie, thanks for your feedback!

Yes, we plan on providing coupons going forward, however there’re no specifics yet. As for adding items to your Pantry, yes, products can be added and updated in your Pantry on checkout. Please see Pantry User’s Guide for more details.

7. kate v says:

How can I add my own “aisle” names to the list of aisle choices? Otherwise, love the app!

8. Doug says:

Alex, I have read in several of your posts the comment: “We plan some improvements with Master lists & multiple store assignment of products in one of the upcoming updates.” Were the changes in version 3 (IE. Generic Names) the improvements you were speaking of, or is this update still to come?
    Thanks for a great and well thought-out product.

Doug, thanks a lot for your feedback. Unfortunately, Master list and multiple list assignment improvements are yet to come. Please keep your eye on the What’s new page to see when the enhancement is available.

9. John Cesta says:

OK. I have set a favorites for a list. Works great. But those same items are in another lists favorites. I’m afraid to delete them thinking they will be removed from the original list.

John, by default all lists use the same Favorites. If you’d like per-list favorites, just enable “List-specific Favorites” option in you shopping list. For more details please see List-specific Favorites. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

10. Mauri says:

Hi, tried EVERY shopping app I could find (about 2 dozen so far) & gung Yod the easiest & most complete. A couple suggestions though:
    > be VERY helpful to be able to display items for a site, then NEEDED items from that store, then items IN CART. Currently it’s either NEEDED our IN CART. Don’t want to have to constantly re enter items so as to not show as needed, want a visible list of items I typically buy at that store
    > nice if running totals at bottom were larger/more highlighted
    > more themes or ability to set own colors for interface

Keep up the great work, be happy to buy film version when first item I listed is possible.

Mauri, thanks for your feedback. Regarding your 1st suggestion, you may consider Favorites as the list of items you usually buy from a store. Once Favorites list is populated, you just tap items you need and they go to your shopping list. Then you check items you put in cart and once you’re done you tap Checkout to clear items from shopping list and save them in History. You may also consider Pick list as a source of items for your shopping list. As for the other two suggestions, we may consider them going forward.