Price compare feature allows you to pick items with the best price from your shopping lists. Unit price, Compare price or price per piece in package can be used for comparison. In addition to item name, Generic name can be used to match items for comparison.
Here’s example of how it works:
- Add an item to your shopping list, e.g. Lipton Iced Tea pack of 12, unit price $6.45. Add another item to your shopping list, e.g. Nestea Iced Tea pack of 24. unit price $9.99. Set Pack units for these records.
- At this point items can’t be compared because they have different names. You need to make sure that items have the same name or set same value for Generic name fields.
- Open first item and long-tap the Name field –> select Generic name –> enter Iced tea. Repeat the same steps for the second item.
- Tap the Notification portion of the Price compare row. The price compare screen shows that first item has better price: $6.45 vs. $9.99.
- Open the first item, tap the Compare units field of the Price compare row. Choose Each. Enter 12 as Package size.
- Repeat the same steps for the second item, but enter 24 as Package size.
- Tap the Notification portion of the Price compare row.
- Now Price compare shows that the second item has better price per ea: $0.42 vs. $0.54.
- Finally, add a new item “Iced tea”, tap units field and make sure you selected Each, unit price $0.80.
Price Compare Row
- Notification section displays price comparison summary. Tap to open listing of other comparable items.
- Price indicator – green bubble indicates the best price, orange triangle indicates that some other item has better price.
- Compare price shows unit price or unit price per smaller unit which is used for price compare. Tap to set Package size.
- Compare units shows units used for price comparison between differently packaged items.
Long-tap to open a popup menu with the following commands:
- Generic name — set generic name which is used for price compare. Same as long-tap on Name field –> Generic name.
- Delete other items — deletes other comparable items. This is handful when you decided which item you’d like to purchase and want to get rid of other items with worse prices.
Price compare feature matches items by name. Sometimes you may want to compare similar items of different brans or sizes such as “Nestea pack of 24″ and “Nestea pack of 12″. This is when Generic name is useful.
To change Generic name, long tap the Name field and choose Generic name.
Listing of comparable items
You can see comparable items by tapping Price Notification portion on the Price Compare Row or by tapping Link button (top-left of the screen) –> Compare prices.
Price compare scope
Items from shopping lists can be compared with items in other shopping lists only. Favorites can be compared with other Favorites.