Search feature allows finding your items by name in shopping lists, favorites, pick list, history, recipes.
To open Search tab, go to More tab and tap Search. Also, it is possible to make Search tab always visible using Configure Tabs feature.
The following is available on Search tab:
- Search selection refreshes as you type in the Search box.
- Tap Filter and choose the search scope which is a multiple selection of shopping lists, favorites, pick list products, history, recipes.
- Tap any row to bring up Edit Details screen.
- Long-tap any row and popup menu shows up. It is possible to Undo (same as Menu –> Undo), Edit (same as single-tap on a row), or Show original.
- Show original command opens corresponding tab which contains currently selected item and highlights the original row.
To open a popup menu, long-tap any row in search result. The following commands are available from the popup menu:
- Undo — reverts the latest change operation. Same as Menu –> Undo.
- Edit — opens Edit Details tab. Same as tapping on a row.
- Show original — opens corresponding tab which contains currently selected item and highlights the original row.
Set search scope
To set search scope follow these steps:
- While on the Search tab, tap Filter.
- Scope selection dialog shows up.
- Set check against rows that you want to be included in search results.
- Tap OK.
- Your search results will be instantly refreshed.
This is a great app, I’m moving from my current list to this.
Is there some reason voice recognition doesn’t tie to the search function? Other apps I have tried, when you use voice, it directs you to the search screen, and only adds the item if not found.
The advantage if this approach is that it picks up the aisle if the item is found.
Hi, Randy, thanks a lot for your feedback.
Even though voice recognition does not work through the search function, if product with the name you said already exists in product catalog, its aisle will be used in shopping list. You may also want to try entering multiple items separated with “and” such as “apples and tomatoes”.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.
How can I stop the Unit Price window from popping up when I check off an item?
Hi, thanks for your question.
There are two options to prevent Unit Price prompt: 1) tap in the middle of a row, not the checkbox; 2) Set “Details mode” option to OFF in Menu –> Settings –> Options.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Congratulations, great app!
That is why I bought the full version too.
My wishes for next versions:
– Customizable text and background,
– Shop list (Where can I get it?) and optional multiple choice,
– Recipes management with detailed quantitative data.
Keep it up, and thank you!
Hi Klaus, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions.
1) Kindly note that it will be possible to change background and text style using Themes feature planned later this year.
2) There is no store list yet, but you can create shopping list and assign any store name you like.
3) Recipe ingredients tab allows assigning quantity of items you may need for your recipe.
Thanks and please let me know if you have any further questions.